Wings: Wild Life & Red Rose Speedway (Expanded Reissue)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vaughan, Oct 18, 2018.

1. McCartney_Legacy

McCartney_Legacy Forum Resident

There is a studio version of 1882. It was recorded on 13th November 1972 at Abbey Road Studios.

2. Eska68

Eska68 Forum Resident

Please tell me more about Bip Bop Wallström. I guess she’s tall and blonde, very nice but smokes too much...maybe she will become a Dear Friend I will go through my life Hand In Hand from Tomorrow on...;)

3. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

With drums & a band and all that ?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  4. gibtti

gibtti Forum Resident

Same here Paul - no confirmation email from UDiscover so far.
    Order definitely placed though as I have the order no and it’s listed as pending in my account order history on their website, so I’m not too worried.

Chris

5. Rigsby

Rigsby Forum Resident

Same here if that's any consolation

theMess and Paul H like this.
  6. Paul H

Paul H The fool on the hill

Thanks for the confirmation, Chris. I'm not too worried either, but worried enough (given the price) to ping them an email :)

Actually, after having seen the US price, I was pleasantly surprised by the UK one. It's still a significant mark up on the two boxes individually but overall I'm a little more accepting.

I won't be, though, if they included the live material in any future live archive box. I suspect they won't though: my theory is that the material is too rough for public consumption so, by putting it in a very expensive box, they're only making it available to those who REALLY want it and keeping it away from those who might be oblivious as to it's history.

I see that several of us are up and checking in here first thing :) I hear baby murmurings so I'll be checking out for the day :wave:

7. Jarek_Venera

Jarek_Venera Forum Resident

Hey man, where are these HD pics from?

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  8. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

That was a inspirational read thx for posting. So I take it your getting Wild Life /RRS Twofer big box, Xmas ?

theMess and Mr. Explorer like this.
  9. Beaneydave

Beaneydave Forum Resident

Yes it’s a poor service already if they can’t be bothered to send an email after you spend £323.00 with them! Hope the delivery is timely but it hasn’t been in the past!

peace and love✌Dave

theMess, Paul H and Mr. Explorer like this.
  10. alexpop

So there's no downloads?

11. alexpop

The rate these titles/prices are coming out, won't be soon the £500.00 cd/LP dog whistle box is out, yikes!!!!!

12. dormouse

dormouse Forum Resident

I didn't get an email either. That does seem a little poor. It is a lot of money and you do really want to know that the order has been placed and is in order. I did get an on-screen confirmation and number so I'm not too worried, but even so... I did get a reasonably speedy email to reset my password a few minutes before ordering so they do have an email account! ;)

13. kavie87

kavie87 Forum Resident

Any idea which version of Mama's Little Girl? Will it just be the standard version that was released in 89 and as a bonus track on wild life... or the version recorded for Red Rose Speedway... Ordered from OZ the max set off UK Udisocover and didn't get an email and doesnt appear it has charged my card. Can anyone give me a brief ru down what happened with the Imagine sets? The 2 disc version is still not in stock in Australian stores yet

14. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Starting to lose track of the number of times I’ve seen this ‘joke’ now.

Nope, only the mp3 download with vinyl sets, and the hi-res with the boxset, both including the album and onxdisc bonus tracks. No download-only exclusives!

15. McCartney_Legacy

Yes. That’s what will be in the deluxe set.

16. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

I still haven't got an email confirmation.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  17. alexpop

Better in some way. Downloads a hassel to get ( i find ).

18. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I would love a 30-minute version of "The Mess" (the true B-side to "My Love"). It's always been one of my fav Paul tunes!

SixOClockBoos, jricc, theMess and 2 others like this.
  19. Mumbojunk

Mumbojunk Forum Resident

Aside from the high end price point, I have to say Paul, MPL and Capitol have done an outstanding job with these sets. The two-disc versions are configured to include most of the essential music from these sessions, while the deluxe boxes are crammed with great content if you want to splash out. The live '72 set is a really nice touch. They're not holding stuff back, but opening up the archive in the way we've always wanted. They've really upped their game.

I don't know if the backlash against the Flowers set was a factor in this, but I do think Capitol coming on board has made a difference. They clearly have an understanding of what the market wants, and it makes me wish they'd handled the Archive series from the start.

But we are where we are, and this has given me real , ahem, hope for the future. I was very sceptical about whether we'd even get albums like these, never mind in such quality packages. I'm delighted to be proved wrong, and I can't wait for the rest.

20. McCartney_Legacy

Clarinettes were overdubbed onto Mama’s Little Girl in November 1972. It’s likely that version we will get in the RRS deluxe set.

supermd, theMess, cmi and 5 others like this.
  21. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar

Me neither, come to think of it, but I can log into Udiscover UK and see my order.

Whilst that’s true, I imagine the deluxe reissue market has changed substantially since 2010!
    BOTR deluxe looks practically anemic now.

It would’ve been nice to get this consistency from the start, but the campaign is always evolving which is a strength of its own.

22. alexpop

Yes ! The McCartney packaging is heaps better than the 50th Beatles Anniversaries...

23. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Wow! Now WildLife without the banner!

Yorick, supermd, theMess and 2 others like this.
  24. alexpop

Don't like the white side banner thing. I blame obi. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    warewolf95 and FKA002 like this.
  25. alexpop

Same number of users as TWA50th.