Wishbone Ash: The Vintage Years 1969-90 mega box set planned for next year on Snapper Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Fell, Aug 24, 2016.

1. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Exciting email today!!!!!!!

Hi

Thanks for ordering Wishbone Ash "The Vintage Years 1970-1991” box set. We are starting preparations for shipping your order.

If you need to cancel or make any change to your shipping address we need to know by Thursday 12th of April.

We are aiming to ship the boxes around the world in time for copies to arrive on or before the official release date on the 20th of April but please note that this cannot be guaranteed as local couriers and Customs/Import processes may cause a slight delay.

Juggsnelson, Runicen and ermylaw like this.
  2. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

......................and from Burning Shed today..............

Hi

Thanks for ordering Wishbone Ash "The Vintage Years 1970-1991” box set. We are starting preparations for shipping your order.

If you need to cancel or make any change to your shipping address we need to know by Thursday 12th of April.

We are aiming to ship the boxes around the world in time for copies to arrive on or before the official release date on the 20th of April but please note that this cannot be guaranteed as local couriers and Customs/Import processes may cause a slight delay.

Slim Zooms likes this.
  3. Slim Zooms

Slim Zooms Senior Member

Really excited!:pineapple:

Terrapin Station likes this.
  4. This is from Snapper? Or another vendor?

5. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Burning Shed.

6. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Just had a text message from Parcelfarce saying they will deliver "on or by 18th April" so that's my missus banned from going out tomorrow afternoon whilst I'm at work........................

7. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Just had a text message from Parcelfarce saying they will deliver "on or by 18th April" so that's my missus banned from going out tomorrow afternoon whilst I'm at work........................

8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

Great band. I don't know about that many CDs, but great band.

Bob J and Slim Zooms like this.
  9. Pretty impressive set. I am tempted, but I would feel better about ordering if I new more about the mastering, especially with regards to dynamic range.

I already own pretty much all of the officially released live and studio albums in this set, but for some albums I only have Japanese Mini-LP releases with only so-so mastering.

10. Slim Zooms

Slim Zooms Senior Member

Mine said on or by 19th! Great!

11. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

I'm wondering what the market for this release will be?

Two versions of the band have been competing for a declining fanbase for a long time now.

Ignatius likes this.
  12. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Only ever owned two Wishbone albums, the live set and There's the Rub. But just look at this release! I don't know, it's just magnificent. They've gone all out, so for hardcore fans it's a real bonanza. Bravo!

Juggsnelson likes this.
  13. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I always confuse Wishbone Ash with Mahogany Rush. Although I'm not sure I've ever actually heard a note of either.

audiomixer likes this.
  14. Slackhurst Broadcasting

Slackhurst Broadcasting Forum Resident

I'd say their "vintage years" hardly stretch to 1991.

15. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I’ve heard of them. But I can’t whistle one tune by them.

16. fast'n'bulbous

fast'n'bulbous tight also

I plan to man up and take the day off myself.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  17. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

$361 on Amazon as an import. That's a non-starter. They're saying 4/27 release date which is next week.

18. Atmospheric

Atmospheric Forum Resident

There must be low-res recordings of band members using the loo. TMI.

19. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor Thread Starter

Savoy Brown most likely doesn't have enough soundboard recordings of concerts to pull it off.

20. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor Thread Starter

No 11 discs of live shows from the 1973-80 tours. They were outtakes from from Live Dates and Live Dates Vol. 2 albums.

21. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Better get hold of them quick before they start shipping with the incorrect artwork. ;)

22. Mmmm. Seems like a fan big got the big part of the wish bone.

Ignatius likes this.
  23. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Actually that's what mine said. Blame fat fingers or the exeitement of receving the text!!!

This morning's electronic missive from Parcelfarce says between 4 & 5, and I finish work at 4 so no need to disrupt my working day! Best to keep Mrs. B home though just in case it's early.....

Juggsnelson likes this.
  24. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Typical!! Started work at 1230 and received a text from the missus saying it arrived at 1225. Home now, so time to wash my hands and make ready to open it....

Runicen and Bob J like this.
  25. Slim Zooms

Slim Zooms Senior Member

Oh boy, got home and stared at the monster brown cardboard box for ages before opening it. Its a big unit!
    Will play some discs later but the package is breathtaking. The book looks amazing & the posters & other artifacts are very nice.
    The CD packaging is neat but I was surprised the Live Dates & Live Dates 2 are both 1CD sets. Unfortunately Live Dates 2 has a typo on the spine. Bah.
    Looking forward to hearing the unreleased live discs, I think I'll start there. :righton:

Rockstar2112 and Juggsnelson like this.