WKRP Shout Factory counterfeits?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Keith V, Jun 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

EAC is only for audio CDs. I would think ImgBurn would be the free program of choice for your issue, but I haven't done as much with video.

bmasters9 likes this.
  2. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Well, #7 from Shout Factory's link said that they use a dual layer disc while most counterfitters will shrink to a single layer. So, I would think if your disc is 4.7G or smaller than may indicate counterfeit, but 5G or larger would likely confirm legitimate.

Keith V likes this.
  3. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

I am a bit fuzzy on the details, but I believe that even when buying direct from Amazon, you won't necessarily get a product that Amazon itself acquired through proper channels. Amazon invites counterfeit merchandise by allowing third-party sellers to send their inventory to Amazon, for Amazon to hold in one or more of its warehouses. In theory that particular inventory is meant to be sent only to customers who are buying the product from that third-party seller, but in practice Amazon will help themselves to that inventory if it is located close to you. They save on shipping by sending you the product from the nearest warehouse. You can recognize these by a printed bar code sticker that is usually on top of the regular bar code. That does not mean it is counterfeit, but it is how counterfeit merchandise ends up at Amazon.

Amazon requires third-party sellers to provide proof that their products come from official sources (the manufacturer or official supplier), but you can predict the obvious problem: people who sell counterfeit merchandise would have no qualms producing counterfeit paperwork.

Keith V likes this.
  4. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident Thread Starter

So it says “used space: 4,509,968,384bytes 4.2 GB.

My spider sense has been tingling since I got this set. Lol. I guess it’s going back.

will_b_free likes this.
  5. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

That's not Amazon. *Always* click on the sellers and be sure to select Amazon and not anything else.

Keith V likes this.
  6. bmasters9

bmasters9 Forum Resident

If you think it'll work, I'll try it! After all, something's gotta give since VEI gypped me.

Keith V likes this.
  7. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

ecostore.... is a third party they send dvds to amazon, amazon ships.

Keith V likes this.
  8. will_b_free

That sucks. I love Amazon but Bezos has got to crack down on this stuff. Heck they were selling season 2 of Stranger Things on DVD from multiple sellers, and that hasn't even been released on DVD yet. And you see other examples in products getting mixtures of 5 star and 1 star ratings - the 1 star reviews from people saying the product fell apart. And that's everything from oven mitts to computer cables. It is getting to the point where if you want to be sure you are getting the real product you have to buy it from the manufacturer direct.

Keith V likes this.
  9. Keith V

I just requested my refund. I’ll get the label printed at UPS store for a buck. Thanks everyone.

10. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

my main issue with amazon is the fake reviews, when theres a cottage industry of people getting free stuff for their +++ feedback its hard to trust any of it.

Keith V likes this.
  11. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

My Panasonic blu ray player had problems playing some of the discs as well, and I bought it upon release.

Keith V likes this.
  12. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

there's many Green Acres Complete Box sets on ebay for cheap...I'm wondering if they are boots?

Keith V likes this.
  13. Michael

I ordered Get A Life from a 3rd party seller and got a boot...I purchased another form Amazon direct and it was fine...always go with Amazon...

Keith V likes this.
  14. Michael

just cue up the negative reviews...there's always plenty of whining ...

carrick doone, bmasters9 and Keith V like this.
  15. will_b_free

Or the glowing reviews of products on offer via parcel post from China, from reviewers whose command of English seems curiously limited. There must be mills for those.

Keith V likes this.
  16. Keith V

Check this.

Counterfeit / Bootleg Media FAQ

the pope ondine likes this.
  17. bmasters9

bmasters9 Forum Resident

Just downloaded ImgBurn, put in the disc, and it comes up snake eyes-- ImgBurn cannot read copy-protected discs!

18. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

Yes, that is suspicious.

Keith V likes this.
  19. markshan

markshan Forum Resident

I forgot they were forced to cripple it. PM me.

bmasters9 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.