Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5/2020

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

First trailer

Fast forward to the 1980s as Wonder Woman’s next big screen adventure finds her facing two all-new foes: Max Lord and The Cheetah.

With director Patty Jenkins back at the helm and Gal Gadot returning in the title role, “Wonder Woman 1984” is Warner Bros. Pictures’ follow up to the DC Super Hero’s first outing, 2017’s record-breaking “Wonder Woman,” which took in $822 million at the worldwide box office. The film also stars Chris Pine as Steve Trevor, Kristen Wiig as The Cheetah, Pedro Pascal as Max Lord, Robin Wright as Antiope, and Connie Nielsen as Hippolyte.

Charles Roven, Deborah Snyder, Zack Snyder, Patty Jenkins, Gal Gadot and Stephen Jones are producing the film.

Rebecca Steel Roven Oakley, Richard Suckle, Marianne Jenkins, Geoff Johns, Walter Hamada, Chantal Nong Vo and Wesley Coller are the executive producers.

Patty Jenkins directed from a screenplay she wrote with Geoff Johns & David Callaham, story by Jenkins & Johns, based on characters from DC. Joining the director behind the scenes are several members of her “Wonder Woman” team, including director of photography Matthew Jensen, Oscar-nominated production designer Aline Bonetto (“Amélie”), and Oscar-winning costume designer Lindy Hemming (“Topsy-Turvy”). Oscar-nominated editor Richard Pearson (“United 93”) is cutting the film.

The music is by Oscar-winning composer Hans Zimmer (“Dunkirk,” “The Lion King”). Warner Bros. Pictures Presents an Atlas Entertainment/Stone Quarry Production, a Patty Jenkins Film, “Wonder Woman 1984.” Set to open in theaters on June 5, 2019 in 2D and 3D in select theaters and IMAX, it will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures.

2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Does it ALWAYS have to be "Blue Monday"??????:shake:

3. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

I love it already.

4. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

"Blue Monday" really works in that trailer. Wow.

And kudos for not giving the effing film away in the first trailer.

5. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Dangles the biggest question about the sequel right there in plain sight too: how the hell is he back??

6. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

How can WW be 2000 years old. :)

7. Chrome_Head

Chrome_Head Planetary Resident

Looks pretty damn good—though I hope Kristen Wiig actually becomes Cheetah and isn’t just some chick in a leopard print outfit. I imagine she will and they’re keeping it under wraps.

8. Stuart S

Stuart S Back Jack

In 1984 things were bright and colorful, not dark and dull like movies are today. 4k and HDR? Still looks like crap.

PASS

9. radickeyfan

radickeyfan Forum Resident

looks brilliant ...1 Billion here we come ...

sunspot42 likes this.
  10. alexpop

6 months wait.

11. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Loved the first WW movie.

I'm in.

12. alexpop

Looking forward to this one, oh yes!!!!

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  13. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Yeah, I don't remember everything being orange and teal in 1984.

scobb and Stuart S like this.
  14. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

I'M IN!!! Suffering from serious superhero movie burnout, but I'm very excited for this.

dan c

sunspot42 likes this.
  15. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Not a fan of the O&T color look of modern movies, but this doesn't look too extreme to me. In fact I think it looks pretty good. Maybe I'm just becoming acclimated to it. :shrug:

dan c

scobb, sunspot42 and soundboy like this.
  16. Juan Matus

Juan Matus Reformed Audiophile

Chris Pine with a fanny pack!

[​IMG]

Bingo Bongo, sunspot42 and Dan C like this.
  17. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

And “Members Only” jacket?

scousette, sunspot42 and Juan Matus like this.
  18. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Ooh guess what style is about to make a comeback! :D
    dan c

Juan Matus likes this.
  19. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Senior Member

Already seeing them rebranded as waist wallets or money belts.

20. That's not Castle in it too? Looks like him.

21. JoeOnWheels

JoeOnWheels Forum Resident

Granddaughters and I atwitter for this movie, most anticipated since Frozen 2. Can't wait to see the sequels play out in the backyard.

sunspot42 likes this.
  22. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

It doesn't look nearly as extreme as virtually all superhero or action/adventure movies these days. The shots in the mall look pretty natural, as do the shots in Themyscira.

I've had "Blue Monday" stuck in my head all day thanks to that trailer. I wonder if the soundtrack is gonna be a cornucopia of '80s synth pop - that would be hilarious and awesome.

Dan C likes this.
  23. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Oh, and I love that there's a Video Concepts store at the mall. Remember them?

[​IMG]

24. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

That Sony Trinitron console TV....my parents had one of those. They last forever.

25. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

I think we had this monster or a nearly-identical model, but in a lighter colored wood and pristine condition.

Whatever happened to this poor thing makes me sad.

[​IMG]

longdist01 and musicfan37 like this.