Wood Glue Method - Rinse After?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Neilson77, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

You're putting glue all over a vinyl record , its leeaching into all the grooves, and you find it laughable that it could ruin the vinyl?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  2. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

You didn't read very carefully. Neilson77 didn't say he found it laughable that the wood glue method could ruin the vinyl. He said he found it laughable that people believe it could.

To be sure, it sounds pretty crazy. And in this I guess I part ways with Neilson77, with all due respect. I (personally) don't find it laughable that people are skeptical. What I find laughable as how much length people will go to to ridicule and discredit this method when they obviously haven't ever tried it.

In any case, the wood glue method doesn't ruin the vinyl. It improves playback considerably in most cases. This has been well established by many, many people, many of whom were skeptical at first. As the saying goes, "don't knock it til you've tried it".

3. stereoguy

stereoguy Its Gotta Be True Stereo!

I tried it. My stylus was picking up crap in the grooves the next 2 times I played the Lp. For me, its a no thanks.

4. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

I love the wood glue method. I've used it with 150+- pre-owned records. I watched a couple of videos and the 1st few were trial and error of course. It's still my go to method. I've read other member issues with the process and taking 24 to 48 hrs. Those people are overdoing it with the amount of glue. I little goes a long way. It takes a record about 6 hours max for the glue to completely dry (per side). Titebond II is the "industry standard". It applies yellow and dries clear. So when you see yellow no more, the glue is ready for removal.

mahanusafa02 and Neilson77 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.