Woodstock: 3 Days Of Peace And Music (40th Anniversary Limited Edition Revisited) (Blu-ray) ?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Mar 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Lis

Mark Lis New Member

What is WB's plan for the 50th anniversary of the 1969 Woodstock festival? The 40th and 45th anniversary discs were morbidly shy of previously unreleased material. WB has nearly everything Michael Wadleigh shot moldering in their vaults: miles and miles of unseen significant historic footage. Why not release it, warts and all, for the 50th anniversary edition, or even right now? The sooner the better before we are all too dead to appreciate it.

longdist01, Warren Hawk and Galley like this.
  2. Warren Hawk

Warren Hawk Forum Resident

I could not agree more though I admit we did get quite a lot of bonus stuff on the 40th revisited blu-ray (and the initial 40th release in 2009). But for a Woodstock fanatic like me, there is never enough.

I'd like to add some things that were filmed by the Wadleigh crew but still have not been released (excluding the Lost Performances).

John Sebastian - How Have You Been
    Sweetwater - What's Wrong
    Blood Sweat and Tears - I Love You More Than You'll Ever Know
    CSNY - Long Time Gone (And you can see Neil Young clear as a bell especially at the end of the clip)

I have a vhs of almost 4 hours of outtakes that circulated in the early 2000s in which most of it has come out over the years mainly on Lost Performances and Diaries.

I have a question for those who own the "Lost Performances" laserdisc. Are the actual songs in stereo?? I have the VHS and it is put together very crappy. ALL of the performances are mono taken straight from the 1 track that the film crew used....and ALL the crowd sounds are totally fake and not from Woodstock at all (and are in stereo too) which is beyond silly. A real missed opportunity back then. Is the laserdisc the same?? I love many performances on there but it sounds like crap. On the Blood Sweat and Tears song, most of the time David Clayton Thomas' vocals are so loud you literally can't even hear the music behind it at all in places.

Also, does anyone here own the "Legends Of The Canyon" dvd??? It was done by Henry Diltz and one of the bonus features is 20 minutes of silent footage he shot at Woodstock. Believe it or not, there are a few seconds of the Keef Hartley Band live on stage at Woodstock!!! It's the only footage there is of them at all and even though it's silent, you can see them and what it looked like! Miller Anderson is playing a telecaster!!!! As far as I know this was the only telecaster guitar played at the festival. If you don't own this DVD I recommend it if only just for those few seconds of KHB. There's also tons of other footage from mainly Saturday featuring lots of backstage stuff, John Sebastian and Incredible String Band.

Wayne Hubbard likes this.
  3. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

3:23 you can see Sly Stone's 1968 Telecaster Thinline sitting on top an amp. I can only find the "Higher" clip and a 3-4 photos from the gig.

Same guitar pictured below.

[​IMG]

longdist01 and Warren Hawk like this.
  4. Warren Hawk

Warren Hawk Forum Resident

Nice!! I never noticed it.

5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

I love woodstock 69!!!!

rockclassics likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.