"Worst" Recordings by Well-Known Artists

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pauljones, Nov 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Oops...

Well, Deep Purple is a perfect example how excessive touring can destroy a band. They have produced 3 or 4 good records and the rest are partly painful records.

The same goes for Black Sabbath... they have recorded some awesome records, but after Sabotage (still one of my faves) they lost their musical direction. Eternal Idol or Dehumanizer are unlistenable for me...

Or BÖC... they have recorded great Rock Music, but after Spectres they did the same like the band I have mentioned above. Club Ninja is one of their worst recordings.

2. ybe

ybe The Lawnmower Man

Speaking of interesting guitar work, how about the solo on "Smoke On The Water" on remixed "Machine Head" disc. Interesting indeed! :rolleyes: Roger Glover must be LHAO. :laugh:

-Markus

3. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Actually, I thought that was their last decent single.

4. Patrick

Patrick Senior Member

The Bee Gee's: Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band movie soundtrack.

THE Worst record ever made and not even mentioned yet! Total CRAP.
    Stereo Review did a review of it at the time that was one of the funniest things I ever read, someone please try to find that bit of insightful journalism and share it with us all! Pat.

5. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

I thought the Earth Wind & Fire cover of "Got To Get You Into My Life" and Aerosmith's version of "Come Together" were pretty good! Of course, you may want to listen to those cuts via anthologies from those respective bands.

6. Patrick

Patrick Senior Member

Ooops, sorry forgot the Aerosmith cut was on there. Have not heard the record in 20+ years for good reason. I was referring to the Gibb's and I think there were some amazing? contributions from George Burns and Peter Frampton as well. Come to think of it I do not think I ever did hear the LP all the way through, not that masochistic. Pat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.