Would you buy the SACD of Judy Garland's JUDY AT CARNEGIE HALL if Steve Hoffman mastered it?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Lawrence Schulman, Aug 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Very nice photo. Thanks for posting.

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I'm sure you are correct.

3. KeithH

Agreed. How could people not want this? :)

4. KeithH

Steve, thanks for sharing the perspective and the photo. A sad turn of events at EMI, for sure.

5. J.A.W.

J.A.W. Music Addict

Well, I'm not fond of post-early 1970s rock (to put it mildly) and I hate metal, yet I have no interest in an artist like Judy Garland because, as I said before, I don't like her kind of music either. :)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  6. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

It is sad to think that the label support is no longer there-- I'd buy a Carnegie Hall SACD set in a heartbeat.

However, since that opportunity may never arise, I"ll make do with the DCC copy that I've got.

Thanks for the work on that one, Boss as well as the S&P two-fer that you did. They're wonderful.

- Kevin

7. muckrocker

muckrocker Active Member

I'm saying this kindly, so don't take this as an attack. People are sensitive about music and jump up and down with a lot of assumptions.

Anyway, you asked if your wanted to be corrected if wrong. You're wrong on many levels, in my opinion. I would imagine 90% or higher of the members here like some sub-genre of rock and roll. But assuming someone as a non-interest in Judy Garland because someone perfers rock or metal is sort of absurd. If you told me you liked Judy Garland, I would respect your opinion and not make any judgment on what types of music you prefer. Just as I did with the original poster.

8. Lawrence Schulman

Lawrence Schulman Senior Member Thread Starter

I do think MOFI or ANALOGUE PRODUCTIONS will be convinced one day soon that there is indeed a market for a new SACD remastering of JUDY AT CARNEGIE HALL. Maybe now that Universal is now in charge at Capitol they could be convinced to release it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.