Would you consider selling off some of your prized vinyl?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Johnny Vinyl, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

Nothing too prized as i will leave it to my kids.

2. Catcher10

Catcher10 I like records, and Prog...duh

At this point in my vinyl life, I would not sell anything. I have gone to the used record stores near me and they do not offer much, the highest is probably $5 I have gotten. I do better when I tell them just give me store credit, cause they know it will mean some extra cash coming there way.
    But in general I don't own many duplicates especially of sought after albums, in general I own an original pressing and then a reissue.....I have a ton of easy listening stuff from a retired family friend but nobody wants that stuff nor will pay more than $1 per. As stated, I can't take 100 of those and get $100, I might get $30........So based on that I can't sell enough records to buy that $100 box set. The hassle is just not worth it.

3. Sear

Sear Dad rocker

In my 20s I was interested in psych and garage 60s stuff that doesn't do for me anymore. If I can make someone happy selling him/her these records, why keep them here gathering dust and occupying room?

eddiel likes this.
  4. James Glennon

James Glennon Senior Member

For second-hand... up to €20 for SINGLE, €30 for a double

For new... up to €30 for a single LP
    €40 for a double LP.

In saying that I get a lot of second-hand LPs €8-€15.

JG

5. All Down The Line

All Down The Line The Under Asst East Coast White Label Promo Man

I might spend up to $50aud on a new lp however would spend $200+aud on the right used record no problems.

6. Johnny Vinyl

Johnny Vinyl Vinylholic Thread Starter

Same here. It took a few dollars acquiring 5 Sarah McLachlan reissues on Classic Records.

All Down The Line likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.