Wow! I just won a UK mono Pepper. I'm on a roll today.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris R, Apr 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatlesfan03

Beatlesfan03 New Member

Maybe jimbobby doesn't want to reply back because he's selling another Mono Pepper. I got this in my email today from ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2526871725&ssPageName=ADME:B:RECO:US:2

Craig

2. Vinyl-Addict

Vinyl-Addict Groovetracer Manufacturer

This may be no consolation now but never buy records from a seller who leaves out specific grading of his/her LP's. IOW, NM, EX, VG, etc.
    His interpretation of PLAYS GREAT may not be yours.

You should be able to pick up a nice EX-NM mono pepper for around $70.
    I paid $90 for a flawless -1 "factory sample" , couldn't resist.

Finally, remember that UK sellers usually don't use Goldmine grading, they use the UK RC system. Good luck in your future purchases. :)

3. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident

This kind of thing makes me so angry. As Mike has been so obviously ripped off, surely eBay can intervene here. This wanker should not be allowed to carry on trading on eBay. Surely he's in breach of some T's and C's here? Not only for selling goods in a misleading manner but then for not replying to the buyer or offering to put it right.

:realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

4. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

Well guys...guess what? Just received an E-mail from "jimbobby". He obviously saw my comment on eBay.

He claims he never received an E-mail from me and wants to talk now. I think personally it would be too much of a hassle to package up this LP and send it back to the U.K. It might even cost me $15.00 or so Canadian to do that. Then I'm out of pocket for that cash.

Maybe I can get this "wally" to find me a mono Revolver or Rubber Soul for a reduced price?

Any suggestions?

Thanks all for your support. :)
    ________

Mike

p.s.
    Wish I'd seen some of your posts yesterday. This thread got bumped off page 1 so fast from all those darn "Best" threads. :rolleyes: It would have been interesting to catch the seller before that other Sgt. Pepper's auction was finished.

5. Vinyl-Addict

Vinyl-Addict Groovetracer Manufacturer

Mike, I would suggest having him pay for postage and returning the LP. If that does'nt work, have him refund you some money to make up for the poor condition. That's usually what I do if I am not satisfied with an Ebay purchase and every time the seller has complied. Good luck.:)

6. Chris R

Chris R Forum Fones Thread Starter

I received a reply to my suggestion. The seller has offered to send me the cutouts from Sgt. Pepper's and keep me in mind for a mono Revolver or whatever, if I go back to his eBay comments page and say the situation has been resolved. What the heck does "keep me in mind" mean? That's about as specific as this guy was with the grading of the LP in the first place.

Wanker! :( :(

7. kipper15

kipper15 Forum Resident

IMO the guy should be offering to refund you some of your money at the very least...sending you the Pepper insert isn't going to improve the sound of the record he mis-sold you.

Wanker...nah, that's far too polite a term for this seller.

:realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.