Wrong CD!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KatCassidy, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KatCassidy

KatCassidy Mixed bag Thread Starter

Earlier today I started a thread about the wrong record being in the record sleeve. But how about the wrong CD being pressed on the disc? We have two of them:

Jimmy Barnes "Two Fires" (Mushroom/Festival) plays The Pixies "Bossanova" (Liberation/Festival)

Men At Work "Two Hearts" (CBS) plays Chantoozies "Chantoozies" (Mushroom/Festival)

Both CD's had the correct cover and the correct label information relating to the original albums but insert the disc and they play the wrong album! Has anybody else got any CD's like these?

2. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

I have a Black Sabbath Master of Reality that contains the music from Britten Folk Song Arrangements. The disc says it is Master Of Reality.

3. SquaRoots

SquaRoots The North Star Grassman

I have 2 copies of the "Greasy Truckers Party" 3CD.
    Yes I bought another one after finding the first one defective, but to no avail.
    They're supposed to play selections from a concert at the Roundhouse by bands like Man, Brinsley Schwarz, Hawkwind.
    The booklet and CD prints are all correct, but I was extremely disappointed to find out that both copies play some 70's hits VA compilation, among which Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody (which I hate terribly really).

As often has been the case the internet found me a download which I burned to disc.
    Blurgh :realmad:

Fullbug likes this.
  4. Rodney Toady

Rodney Toady Waste of cyberspace

Third Ear Band, Music from Macbeth (BGOCD 61) - discs from the initial pressing run actually play TEB's eponymous second album (which at that time, I recall, had not yet been released on CD - intentionally, that is). I still have the erroneous version somewhere.

5. Thrillsville

Thrillsville Forum Resident

I used to have two. Tom Petty & The Heartbreaker's Into The Great Wide Open played The Commitments soundtrack and a Jane Siberry one (I forget which one) that played something else that I couldn't identify. These were bought new in the early '90s so I returned them immediately.

6. no.nine

no.nine (not his real name)

I have a copy of Toto IV which plays Christmas music by a brass ensemble. It's awesome - you put the disc labeled Toto into the player and the first thing that comes out of the speakers is "Deck The Halls"! One of the funniest things ever. There's a thread around here where someone helped me figure out exactly what album was really pressed on this thing, because the matrix strangely didn't reference any catalog number.

7. lechiffre

lechiffre Forum Resident

I had a "Peel Slowly and See" box set with a Motownish sounding group on disc 1.

8. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

I bought the 4 disc Chess Box Set around '98 and the 4th disc content had some sort of other blues compilation on it.

Another anomaly is that my copy of Def Leppard's Pyromania deluxe edition has the content of discs one and two reversed -- so disc one says one thing, but plays another.

9. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

I had an Aqualung CD that played Plastic Ono Band Live Peace 1969.

10. R. Totale

R. Totale The Voice of Reason

I got that one, too! I bought it used so I couldn't even take it back. The disk has the right silkscreening and everything, I have no idea who it is but it "sure is funky"!

11. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

how about a piece of a CD? years back I bought the 4 CD Byrds Box and one of the CDs was gone except for the center!

12. KatCassidy

KatCassidy Mixed bag Thread Starter

Oh I bet that was a shock! :D

13. Eli

Eli Party Coordinator

I had a copy of the first Tiny Lights CD that had Bill Haley music on it instead of Tiny Lights.

Disc 3 of my copy of the Everly Brothers' Bear Family box set had German music on it instead of the Everly Brothers, but Bear Family replaced it with a nondefective disc.

I once bought a CD on Epic that I can't remember now, but even though the artwork was correct, the CD inside was by the Surf Punks (another Epic act).

14. Peter_R

Peter_R Maple Syrple Gort Staff

In 1987, I had the Sgt. Pepper that played (I think) a Heart album.

15. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Well I once bought a Kiss sealed cd (USA import) and when I opened it it had no tape !! Lucky for me the shell halves were glued together, not screwed together, and I was a frequent client at the small one-manned record store so I got a replacement.

16. cds4dad

cds4dad Senior Member

I'm guessing that was a sealed Kiss cassette, not a CD. Must have been made on a Monday morning.

Lost In The Flood likes this.
  17. pig bodine

pig bodine God’s Consolation Prize

I have that one as well

18. keef00

keef00 Senior Member

I bought the deluxe edition of the Stereophonics Keep Calm and Carry On from an Amazon UK seller, and the bonus DVD has the Stones Hampton '81 show. I'm not complaining, as the seller refunded the entire purchase amount, and I have a Stones show that I didn't have already.

19. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

Beatles' Red plays Blue
    [​IMG]

Evan L, Davidmk5 and melstapler like this.
  20. GlobalObserver

GlobalObserver Observing The Globe Since 1964

I once bought a cassette of The Clash London Calling that was nothing but classical piano.

21. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

Metal Mind, the Polish reissue label put out two Sadus albums where the discs were mislabeled.

22. beatlefreak909

beatlefreak909 Forum Resident

The record store I worked at once had a copy of U2's "Pop" that played KISS' "Psycho Circus"

LEONPROFF likes this.
  23. bunglejerry

bunglejerry Forum Resident

To switch up the format, I bought Skinny Puppy's Vivisect VI on cassette in the day of release. I remember playing it on my father's car cassette player just to get... country music.

Still, Skinny Puppy liked a musical joke, so I sat listening for a few minutes, waiting for industrial beats to drown it out.

My father said, "this is what you were so excited about?" I got thinking, "wow, they're really committed to this joke!".

By the third song I accepted that we needed to exchange the cassette.

puffyrock2, Suncola, Fullbug and 3 others like this.
  24. Pastle

Pastle Forum Resident

I bought a sealed "Sgt. Peppers" tape that turned out to be the soundtrack to the movie "Car Wash". And not even by Rose Royce but a mediocre cover band.

25. Remurmur

Remurmur Music is THE BEST! -FZ

Someone was sipping Cold Gin on their bathroom breaks ? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.