Wrong CD!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by KatCassidy, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hattipper

Hattipper Forum Resident

Some of the first Pink Floyd Oh By The Way box sets had the live side and studio side of Ummagumma's song listings printed opposite on the mini replica lp's. The sleeves on the Wall discs in the same set were both for the same side too.

2. broccolid

broccolid Trickologist

In 1999, I bought the Beach Boys' Greatest Hits vol 1 and 2 at the same time. They each had the correct graphics on their respective discs, but both had the audio program from Vol. 2.

3. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

My 2014 Yesterday and Today CD has many wrong mixes :)

4. Lost In The Flood

Lost In The Flood Feeding an invisible goat

According to my dad (back in the early '00s, round about the time of Gnutella and similar post-napster software/networks, and tracks getting deliberately renamed to try and avoid getting spotted by the copyright police. Think he was expecting me to be impressed/think he was hip for being into p2p too :rolleyes:) he illegally downloaded some classical music and it turned out to be Rod Stewart's greatest hits. :D

broccolid likes this.
  5. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

This used to happen to me quite a lot in the 1990s/early 2000s. Once I got a different album by the same band when I opened a new shrinkwrapped CD. The weirdest one is when I bought a Johnny Winter CD around 1999 and even though the CD had the correct label and track listing on the front, when I played it it was some horrid dance-pop crap! :laugh: Even stranger, I took it back to exchange it and when the guy at the store and I opened THREE more shrinkwrapped copies of the same Johnny Winter CD, they all had the same issue. Someone had a bad day at the pressing plant with that one!

Suncola and broccolid like this.
  6. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

Bought a few that had no cd inside once i opened them .....

a few years ago i had an Elvis cd (one of the legacy remasters ) that played Alice in chains :shrug:

7. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

I bought Secret Story by Pat Metheny on CD in the mid-nineties and it had a reggae album on it.
    The CD art was Secret Story, all present and correct, but it was just the wrong album.

Front 242 Addict likes this.
  8. Doug Sulpy

Doug Sulpy Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Plays The Sex Pistols' "Rock 'n' Roll Swindle" :).

9. Lost In The Flood

Had a magazine cover disc (From the Word I think) misspressed with software.
    Computer player didn't recognise it as an non audio disc & tried to play it back
    - cue a loud burst of hideous noise. (like really bad glitch/industrial).

10. jfeldt

jfeldt Forum Resident

I have a Mobile Fidelity SACD of Edgar Winter - They Only Come Out At Night that has all the MoFi packaging and disc marking but is actually a Ron Carter / Rosa Passos SACD as far as I can tell. Seems really weird, I should probably try selling it or something since it seems like such an anomaly.

11. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

This has never happened to me. Thanks guys. Now when I get my Rolling Stones CD in the mail I'm going to be paranoid that it will be a mistake and play Justin Bieber instead. :sigh:

12. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

I had a BGO copy of "The History Of The Bonzos" and the disc information for disc 1 was printed on the playable side, so it was totally unplayable. They exchanged it with no hassle though, even though it was an Amazon purchase. The replacement copy was fine.

BGO must have had a lot of quality control issues because my BGO copy of "Dream" by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band was awful. The disc had static sounds during the quiet parts and the track numbers would change in the middle of the songs. One of the cross-fades had a 2 second silence thrown in and the fade out of Ripplin' Waters was cut short. I sold that copy once I got the CD pressed by Capitol which was flawless.

I had a vinyl copy of The Hollies Greatest Hits that had "King Midas In Reverse" instead of "Look Through Any Window" on side 1. "King Midas" was also on side two in the proper place.

13. Lost In The Flood

ha! There was a gag like that on a Trevor & Simon sketch on Going Live (late 80s/early 90s bbc childrens saturday morning show), one or both of them played a conspiracist insisting that the Harry Secombe record they'd bought actually playing The Sex Pistols being proof he was actually part of the evil conspiracy of rock music...

14. broccolid

broccolid Trickologist

Winner!

15. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

:yikes: Making nightmares!

eric777 and Front 242 Addict like this.
  16. Who'sTommy

Who'sTommy Forum Resident

One CD of my version of The Cure's "Show" has a live recording of a weird synthesizer band...

17. highway chile

highway chile I know it goes a little deeper than that.

I recently bought used copies of Earth, Wind, and Fire "Original Album Classics" volumes I and II from two different online sources. Even though all artwork on the sleeeves, discs, etc. indicated that I did indeed have both sets, they were both Volume 2.

18. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

don't recall a wrong CD, but I have experienced: Cracked CD, Piece of a CD, Hub only, and NO CD.

19. Front 242 Addict

Front 242 Addict I Love Physical format for my listening pleasure

Nivek Ogre sings country? it's priceless:D

Hattipper likes this.
  20. The Bish

The Bish Forum Resident

One of my Paul McCartney 'tripping the live fantastic' cd's plays an 80's compilation cd.

21. danielbravo

danielbravo Senior Member

U.K Night After Night ...a sealed cd that turn out to be new age music.

no.nine likes this.
  22. bunglejerry

bunglejerry Forum Resident

Well, that was a few years before Revco's "Beers, Steers and Queers" as well. Could have been groundbreaking! :)

23. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

Busted !;):laugh:

24. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

As a guy that was punching a cash register at retail during the height of the CD era, I do remember it happening once in a while. A couple of times I remember getting the word to take an entire shipment of one title or another and send it back. Talking a couple of times over several years... very rare, but it did happen. Sorry can't remember the titles.

25. clayton

clayton Senior Member

John Hiatt cd - All of a Sudden on Lemon records, plays a live Jimi Concert.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.