X-files reboot?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mirrorblade.1, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

where's skinner?

2. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

amoergosum and GentleSenator like this.
  3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

4. AztecChimera

AztecChimera Forum Resident

Sorry, I took your post to mean "Will Skinner be back?" rather than "I want to see screenshots with Skinner".

GentleSenator likes this.
  5. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

This reminds me, I used to have an X-Files game for PlayStation 1 many moons ago and it was a pretty fun but difficult game. For the time we thought the graphics on it were awesome.

Plan9 likes this.
  6. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Not in Canada

7. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I'm sorry to hear that.

8. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Maybe later:cheers:

Encuentro likes this.
  9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And here's a shot from the set this week in Vancouver, where "Agent Scully" is running down a hallway and she has a 4K Blackmagic camera strapped to her chest for a POV shot...

[​IMG]

This is not color-corrected, and I would hope she looks a bit more glamorous in the actual show.

Plan9, enro99 and greelywinger like this.
  10. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

11. MikeInFla

Went on Netflix the other night and watched an episode we missed "Sunshine Days" in season 9 that had the Brady Bunch set. Interesting episode, my wife and I both enjoyed it.

12. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Hoping for a blu-ray announcement but will probably just end up being a teaser trailer.

AztecChimera likes this.
  13. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Given the light-hearted and generally silly nature of that episode, I think it should've been placed earlier in the season... it doesn't feel at all like a "second-last episode" for such an epic series.

14. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

July 07 is Ringo's 75th birthday. I bet the cast will release a video congratulating him :)

15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

that entire last season is such a mess. that episode feels like it belongs back in season 6 or 7.

16. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I might have to revisit season 9. I remember next to nothing about it. I don't remember the "Sunshine Days" episode.

17. MikeInFla

Yeah, I don't remember much from season 9 for some reason we are going back and watching it on Neflix. Also catching up on Season 2 of Fringe, missed that for some reason but saw the rest.

The elaborate The Brady Bunch house set featured in the episode was built completely by the production crew, according to series co-star Gillian Anderson. She recounts the fact that, due to the original set having been long ago disassembled, people came "from all over Los Angeles" to get their pictures taken on the set.[5] Anderson, who was a fan of popular sitcoms made by Sherwood Schwartz, like Gilligan's Island and The Brady Bunch, called the experience "wild".

[​IMG]

I thought the lighting for the episode was off. Much too dark but then again this is the X-Files.

18. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

I'd be willing to bet that the dark lighting was to obscure the fact that it wasn't the original Brady Brunch set but a reproduction. Fully lit up it would probably be easier to spot the differences and inconsistencies.

MikeInFla likes this.
  19. It's one of the better season 9 episodes. Actually a lot of season nine was pretty good just overlooked because DD wasn't on the show.

Encuentro likes this.
  20. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

and didn't most of the scenes take place at night? it jibed.

21. wayne66

wayne66 Forum Resident

[​IMG] The Lone Gunmen are coming back!
    Edit. I tried to copy and paste the article but all I got was the picture. Dean Haglund has tweeted that they are coming back to the series, according to TVLine.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  22. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Hmm, I foresee a large part of the new season being devoted to explaining how come the Cigarette-Smoking Man and the Gunmen are still alive...

23. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

The Gunmen's re-emergence was explained in the "Season 10" comics series.
    The CSM, on the other hand, is still a mystery... unless he's a ghost in the new season, or is seen exclusively in flashbacks, I have no idea how they'll incorporate him into the show.

MikeInFla likes this.
  24. MikeInFla

No idea they were bringing the Gunmen back that's cool. If you don't mind explain how they returned but Spoiler the message in case others don't want to know. I enjoyed their series too it was pretty good.

25. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

Bringing back The Lone Gunmen and Cigarette Smoking Man (outside of flashbacks) is really dumb, in my opinion. I know it's The X-Files, but both deaths were very definitive and it cheapens them to be brought back from the dead anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.