X-Files remastered for HD and Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jim in Houston, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coltlacey1

coltlacey1 Forum Resident

I am wondering what all will be in the box set. I am seeing $25.49 per individual season which comes out to $229.41 and the boxed set is $269.98

2. Eh, I don't completely agree with all the choices on that list. Thr Post Modern Prometheus was a dud as far as I'm concerned and a pretentious one at that.

Season One: I'd add Ice (although it apes The Thing it still works pretty well on its own), Gender Bender, Darkness Falls, Roland,

Season six: Drive is driven by a terrific performance by Bryan Cranston

They also missed a more science fiction based one from season nine 4-D and Sunshine days just off the top of my head

hotsoup likes this.
  3. I would hope that there would be something exclusive to the box beyond the box itself.

coltlacey1 likes this.
  4. I loved Brisco! Very much like The Wild Wild West but with more humor. Great steampunk styled show.

A pity it was assembled on videotape (as I recall) as, unless they go back and re-edit the show and rescan it isn't possible to do in hi def.

hotsoup likes this.
  5. coltlacey1

I sure hope so.....I don't really want to spend the extra cash for what I would call nothing.

6. The. It could be an x files episode...the big nothing!

coltlacey1 likes this.
  7. BrewDrinkRepeat

BrewDrinkRepeat Forum Resident

That's my biggest issue with Netflix streaming. Stop removing stuff from the library!

wayneklein likes this.
  8. hotsoup

hotsoup Forum Resident

The pairing of Bruce Campbell and Julius Carry together turned out amazing. I was sad when that show ended.

9. Indeed. I was sad also at Julius passing away so young.

10. Yeah I forget which series it was my wife and I were watching but right in the middle of the show (for us) it was removed due to the change in licensing.

I've always thought that Netflix was the modern equivalent of a independent TV station running stuff from the past ad nausem and then, just when you're interested or discover it, it disappears...

11. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

The box set has a slot for the 10th season, that's an extra. :)

12. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

You're welcome! :)
    $9.50/season, way too good not to spread the word.

13. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Are all 9 season in HD? Last I checked, it was just the first season.

arbogast likes this.
  14. coltlacey1

is this cost only for the French release? and is there a difference between the French version and the US? im wondering if maybe they are not region free or something

15. coltlacey1

found it. after translating the page, I found that the French release is region B2 only. Checked on my bluray player, I cannot use it sadly. have to spend the extra for the US release

16. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

True, but after watching it all again will I ever want to repeat it? Doubtful:cheers:

17. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

That makes it tempting at the right price :cheers:

18. I'm happy with $150 for now and hope there is something exclusive to,th box especially considering I found out too late.

19. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

No it was the cost during an @ 36 hour flash sale at Fox Connect (USA 20th Century Fox official shop) using code "Pumpkin". It took 50% off your cart's subtotal, the X-Files were already price-reduced to $18.99 for pre-sale, add 50% off and it was $9.50/season.

I haven't cancelled my box set yet, holding off to hear full details. Figure I'm pretty set either way, not sure Black Friday will even come close to the $150 deal for the box and very certain they won't get anywhere near $9.50/season for the individuals.

coltlacey1 likes this.
  20. ferdinandhudson

ferdinandhudson Forum Resident

Amazon quoted specs are all too often misleading. Fox rarely lock titles that they have worldwide rights to. All the European sets are in fact region free.

21. coltlacey1

I would purchase them if I knew that information was 100% correct. Bit of a gamble, unless you have information to prove the statement?

22. All nine seasons are up in HD. I watched them. They look pretty darn good.

Encuentro likes this.
  23. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Really? After my post, I checked Netflix and picked a random episode from season 7, and it did not appear to be in HD. Granted, I only watched a few seconds, but it wasn't widescreen. I'll have to check again.

24. When I last watched them they were all in widescreen as I recall. It was just a month ago or so.

Encuentro likes this.
  25. Was that advertised here when it was going on? I don't recall it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.