X-Files remastered for HD and Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jim in Houston, Mar 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

I mentioned it in post#166, it was available for about 24 hours afterwards.

2. Ah, well, sorry I missed it. Sucks. I got a good price on the box so I'm going to stick with it. I'm hoping behind the box they will have something additional like a disc of special features to help sell it to fans. We will see. I kind of doubt it as this is Fox we're talking about.

Thanks for letting everyone know.

3. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

FoxConnect has the Box Set on again for $150 right now. But here are some other new price drops for US buyers that may be of interest.

Box set just dropped to £99.99 on Amazon UK with free shipping.
    They take out VAT before shipping to USA, add 3 pounds shipping it comes to £86.41 shipped, which is roughly US$130.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B016KKXQAO

86.41 GBP = 129.108 USD
    British Pound ↔ US Dollar

Amazon Germany dropped to 129,99EU, they charge EU3 to ship to USA which after removing VAT is EUR 112,24
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0155SOQ5G

112.24 EUR = 119.179 USD
    Euro ↔ US Dollar

So for $30 less you can order from Germany if you don't mind waiting a week for the Transatlantic shipping.

4. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Same thing on Amazon.fr

5. Do we know if these are region free?

6. They are almost certainly region free.

7. Anything cool or different about this set that we know of? I know that the Japanese version has some cool,extras but I'm not willing to pay that price.

8. Ringmaster_D

Ringmaster_D Surfer of Sound Waves

What extras does the Japanese version have? I know the Australian version contains the movies too, but those are easy enough to pick up cheaply.

9. I just remember reading that they got some sort of extras we didn't get in the U.S. Can't recall

10. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

Mine shipped yesterday. Anybody else?

11. From where to where? Fox?

12. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I got an email from Fox Connect yesterday saying that my order has shipped. I was surprised. I thought that it would be shipping some time later this month.

Edit: I just checked the site, and it says that it will ship on Dec. 8. Sometimes items ship a little early.

13. And two further weeks for the German release on Amazon, which is December 21. UK release on Amazon is December 7.

14. Ringmaster_D

Ringmaster_D Surfer of Sound Waves

Mine shipped today from Fox Connect as well. Thanks to this forum for alerting me to the PUMPKIN discount last month. I still can't believe I go these for less than $10 a season.

15. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

It has an episode guide book, posters and a script.
    The two movies go in Seasons 5 and 9 boxes which is pretty cool.

Here's a large picture of the Japanese set

[​IMG]

PhantomStranger likes this.
  16. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Seasons 1-9 of The Scully Files has shipped. The next few months are going to be a lot of fun binge watching. I also pre-ordered two collections of the old X-Files magazines that have been collected into two books.

17. beatlesfan68

beatlesfan68 Forum Resident

May I ask where you found these books?

18. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

19. beatlesfan68

beatlesfan68 Forum Resident

Thank you!

20. I have the season sets in my hands. Episode guides would have been nice. They typically spread a season over 6 BDs, which is very welcome in this era of cost-cutting by studios.

The truth is out there...

21. Got mine today. Want to know what you get besides the seasons? A slot for the mini-series and a big box. Yep. So much for providing additional value for the consumer. On the plus side, it looks great.

A script would have been nice. A kiss, a card, flowers. Oh well.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
    Encuentro likes this.
  22. The design looks pretty standard. There's a cardboard piece that you can't remove that sits in there. Probably where the Japanese had their scripts, cards,,poster put.

No slot for the movies in season five and nine as far as I can see. There IS an episode guide on the inside of the slip sheet for each season.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  23. paulisdead

paulisdead fast and bulbous

So when do we get a HD version of this? :D

lbangs and greelywinger like this.
  24. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

The box set is pretty disappointing...the only real advantage is that you could get all nine seasons cheaper by buying the box than by buying them individually. The nine seasons in the box appear to be the standard issue sets for each season, which have been unwrapped (sometimes not completely, since a couple of mine still had a little bit a shrink wrap on the edges), then a sticker was slapped on top of the bar codes on the back cover. The presence of magnetic security devices inside each season package also is a hint that these were originally built for individual sale before being put in the box.

The box itself is somewhat more flimsy than I expected. Plus I dislike the way they orientated the discs in the box. Instead of placing the sets in the box in a "library" style (with the spines all lined up), they put them in two rows side by side. The result in that the box is much wider than it needs to be, but also not as deep as a standard Blu Ray case. So it doesn't really fit neatly with my other BR discs on the bookshelf. I might just store the season sets outside of the box on the shelf with my other BRs and DVDs, then toss the box.

25. Bryan

Bryan Starman Jr.

That's pretty lame about the box.

How's the PQ/AQ on the discs, though?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.