Y Kant Tori Read was reissued today!?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bRETT, Sep 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member Thread Starter

It's on ITunes as an official Rhino release. They hid it though-- It doesn't come up under Tori Amos; you have to search the bandname Y Kant Tori Read. But it's there.

Edit: Amazon has it too, looks like it's a digital only release.

JDeanB, Galley and SinnerSaint like this.
  2. gregorya

gregorya I approve of this message

If at first you don't succeed... ;)

3. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

Hurry up...check and see if 'Buckingham Nicks' is up!!!!!

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

well I guess the CD is still valuable...

Galley likes this.
  5. WoW
    One of the 1st collectable ceedees w/music of the day; cause of the DJ Nation influence.

My BIG Tori [w/"BT"] dancefloor twirler back-in-the-day was "Blue Sky"!

Moved to even on a "Goth" dancefloor this year.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  6. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Also, as it is digital only release, it's currently available at the usual legal streaming-services.

7. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

It is weird that this is reissued so close to the new album.

8. sectofone

sectofone Forum Resident

And in lossless (FLAC), on 7digital too.

bleachershane likes this.
  9. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

Not on amazon.co.uk yet. Watching this thread for news. It'll be great to have this without the dreadful audio quality of my bootleg.

10. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Sounds good.

11. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. Be yourself or don't bother. Anti-fascism.

I had the original vinyl. This one guy who owned a store, Big Al's Record Burn, I mean Barn, where he charged $15 each at LEAST for almost every album, I mean we're talking like, Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road type stuff, common, not near $15 stuff, and he had this in a box for under $10 under Y. He had no idea; this was in '91 or '92, and if he had known he'd have asked $200, the way HE priced.

12. otherdimension

otherdimension Senior Member

Great album and about time its been reissued. Wonder who remastered it and if Tori approved? (does she own rights?)

13. AlanDistro

AlanDistro Forum Resident

I have an official copy of the original CD. Curious if the reissue here has been remastered. The original CD sounds good from what I remember, I'll have to give it a spin today. But it also cost me an arm and a leg.

14. Man at C&A

Man at C&A Senior Member

It's always good to get one over someone who's greedy!

15. AlanDistro

AlanDistro Forum Resident

Well, it is remastered, looks like they shaved 4dB off of everything, and peaks are all at -0. But it could be worse. Sounds decent, bass is boosted slightly. Only listened to the opening track so far.

[​IMG]

JackDVD78 and bluemooze like this.
  16. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member Thread Starter

I don't do Spotify but I'm told it's there too.

17. dlokazip

dlokazip Forum Transient

That is correct.

[​IMG]

NorthNY Mark likes this.
  18. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Is this a punk record ?
    Philosphical statement?
    Very John Lydon

19. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Yep, it's there.
    And yes, the album is available on all the usual legal streaming-services as said earlier. Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music, Google Play Music, Tidal...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  20. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

It actually was for a little bit. It was an iffy needledrop though, but I listened to it on Apple Music at least once or twice before it vanished again.

21. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I assume she does. All her 90's records on Atlantic were part of the same contract she signed for YKTR. Obviously I don't know the specifics, but even after she left the label, it didn't get reissued, so I imagine she still held some kind of veto power over it. It just seems like she's come to terms with it lately, talking about it more in interviews and playing several songs from it on her last tour. Not sure why it's appearing now, but it's a digital-only release, with no publicity or announcement (And also under the YKTR name, not her own), so it doesn't really conflict with her new record at all.

I'm glad it's out there...it's very dated, but still much better than its reputation suggests.

22. aseriesofsneaks

aseriesofsneaks Forum Resident

I read on another forum that Tori said in a recent interview that the album was going to be reissued in November for its 30th anniversary. Perhaps the digital release was made available early and there will be a CD and/or LP reissue in November. I don't know that I would necessarily play it that often, but I would like to own it on vinyl.

otherdimension likes this.
  23. The Hud

Yes, it was the Sunday Brunch 8/27/17. I am hoping for a CD release myself. It is pretty cool she is allowing it to be reissued.

24. folkfreak

folkfreak The cold blooded penguin

I really love that records an am happy that I could replace the not so good sounding bootlegs. Sadly this remaster is very, very bright (in recent times this bright eqing bugs me more than limiting)

bluemooze likes this.
  25. The Hud

Bummer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.