Yamaha CDRW drive series w/AMQ - Two big thumbs up!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by David R. Modny, Dec 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

Hi David,

Thanks for the Reply. After reading some of the posts I was a little cornfused.:confused: :)

2. Paul C.

Paul C. Senior Member

David, My Yamaha CRW-F1 does make a bit of noise, but I don't find it bothersome. For sporadic use the noise is fine. I haven't heard other drives, so I don't know how it compares.

Re the full CAV, I remember reading Yamaha's blurb that it is supposed to reduce vibration associated with some other drive types, and hence improve the accuracy of burns - or something like that. I have noticed that the motor speed seems to slow down very gradually when the drive is reading or burning, so I'm not sure how that fits in with full CAV - but you certainly don't get sudden jumps in speed that I think you do with some drives.

3. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

I just went to CC to check this Yamaha out. I think I'll be giving one a try shortly. :cool:

4. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I"ll be interested to see if CD Architect can use that enhanced mode, or adds support for it in the near future. Any of my important audio work I do in CD Architect...my one-off homemade compilations don't need the ultimate in sonic detail, so a little extra jitter won't matter to these ears. :)

5. Paul C.

Paul C. Senior Member

You might be able to use Audio Master Quality with CD Architect - I'm not sure. I haven't used CD Architect myself, so I don't know whether you burn straight from the program, of save your projects in a format that a burning program can use. I doubt that CD Architect itself would make use of AMQ directly if it does burning, but if you could save in a format that Nero can use, then you should be able to select AMQ in Nero.

6. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I know the older CD Architect could write to an image file, but whether or not it was one that Nero recognized, I'm not sure. I haven't played with the new version enough to see what formats it can save an image file to. But seeing that CD-A is made specifically for audio CDs, it would be a great selling point to have that AMQ support built into it. I'd certainly be willing to look at a Yamaha drive if that were the case!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.