Yamaha introduces new under-$400 stereo integrated amp and single-disc CD player

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by soundboy, Sep 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George P

George P Notable Member

Does the delay in functionality upset you? On my unit, I have to wait a half second or so for the next track to play when I skip ahead and the same issue when I skip back. On prior Yamaha units I have owned, the buttons were much more responsive, when I would skip ahead (or back), it would immediately play.

2. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

Haven't these units been superseded by the 301 series?

3. George P

George P Notable Member

For those who have this unit, what kind of files work via USB (on a thumb drive)?

4. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

5. Baron Von Talbot

Baron Von Talbot Well-Known Member

on my NP-500 Cd-Network Player I can play all of my files via an USB stick and chooose what I want to hear reading the CD Text and drive it via my remote..works pretty slick. Disappointed that the Cd Player has started to distort after about 15 month. Laser must be cleaned or restored. So using it to play files via an USB stick is all I use it for atm.. Soundquuality is above average. Beats my Computer Drive sonically even after it went thru my DAC .Network ain't my thing neither - so if I ever buy a new CD Player it will be a top CD Player with a great DAC built in like the Musical Fidelity M3CD Si or the Creek 50 or 100 etc. A top Cd mechanism and top notch DAC and electronics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.