Yanni

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Feb 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

(Hey, I think this is the first Yanni thread in the history of the forum!). :)

I just picked up a single-disc compilation, as well as his Live at the Acropolis album on a whim and I was quite impressed by his music. I like the melodies he creates.

Does anyone else here have anything by him, by chance? Just curious.

2. jamiesjamies

jamiesjamies Forum Resident

I don't have anything but like some of his stuff, for example reflections of passion. I think it would be great to see Yanni somewhere like the Acropolis. His music would be great in a stunning location, an all round atmospheric experience.

3. PaulKTF

jamiesjamies likes this.
  4. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

I went through a New Age phase back in the early 90's and liked a couple of his songs on a cassette of various artists called Private Music Collection, this was the first time I heard his music. I bought a couple of his CDs and they were enjoyable for a while but the novelty eventually wore off. I've noticed he has released quite a few comps of the same songs over the years.

5. Scott in DC

Scott in DC Forum Resident

I really enjoy his first two albums on the Private Music label, I have both on vinyl. I especially like the song Looking Glass.

Scott

6. John54

John54 Senior Member

I like Live at the Acropolis. It's my springtime album, and it's almost spring, so time to dig it out!

7. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I used to listen to his music every other weekend.

8. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Do you ever buy anything that's not from the 99 cent bin at the local used CD store??? :laugh:

Sandinista likes this.
  9. PaulKTF

Sure. :)

10. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

Stayed in San Jose, Costa Rica the other night a block from the stadium. There was a concert that night. I believe it was Yanni. By the traffic it did not look like it was going to be very full. Still?????

11. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

It's like being in a doctor's office in your very own living room! :p

12. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

Guess there's a first time for everything. ;) No Yanni here, but I saw him play at a World Series Game once.

13. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

I have Yanni's first album Optimystique on CD bought used for $2 and was quite surprised at how good of an album it was. It was recorded in 1980 but not released until 1984. I also found an LP about 10 years ago by Chameleon which was the Minneapolis rock band that Yanni was in before he went solo.

drasil likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.