YES "Fly From Here" with re-recorded vocals in 2017?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Musician95616, Dec 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emil Zatopek

Emil Zatopek Forum Resident

I like Howe's New Track Just Fine. Good tune and the lead vocals are very passable. Even charming If you're on a good day.

2. dvcarrick

dvcarrick Forum Resident

I haven't given it a proper clean yet but on first play its pretty noisy :-(

3. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

Yikes. I've not played mine yet. But if they've skimped on QC for vinyl as well as the cheap 'n' cheerful gatefold construction, this absolutely isn't going to be worth the premium cost they've charged. :( Glad I got the CD as well now! At least that has the hard cover/book and decent notes to read. This doesn't even have a nice picture inner sleeve to look at!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  4. imarcq

Just played it. Mine sounds awesome, so I've lucked out with a decent pressing. It's a shame it just has a bog standard plain paper sleeve. The packaging on this could have been so much better! But the music is great! :)

dvcarrick likes this.
  5. dvcarrick

dvcarrick Forum Resident

Side 2 sounded much better - I will give it a clean and get it played again sometime this week.
    Agree on the packaging - poor!

imarcq likes this.
  6. 24voltsdc

24voltsdc Forum Resident

Hopefully mine get's here next week.
    So the cover is pretty cheap and flimsy? Is the artwork clear and clean? What's on the inner cover?

7. imarcq

There's no inner sleeve as it's plain white non-poly-lined paper. Inner cover is a rework of the CD booklet minus both of the explanatory essays by Horn and Howe. That's a real shame. They both could have easily have been put into an inner picture sleeve. The artwork is clean and clear, so not a problem there.

The gatefold construction has a slightly cheaper feel to it. It's adequate. I also find the album title a bit ugly because of how it sits so large on the top cover. They've simply scaled up the CD cover and the title text looks a bit too big and out of proportion. But the sound and production are great. I love it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    Purple, 24voltsdc, Blimpboy and 6 others like this.
  8. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Hey guys - who's the carrier from the UK to USA? I have an email with a tracking number, which is bloody well useless without knowing the carrier.

9. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

If it ends in GB then you can track it on USPS.

Ben Adams likes this.
  10. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Unfortunately not. :(

11. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

So is the new release going to be on a label, or is it still self released? Glad I got the CDs and the FLAC files.

12. altaeria

altaeria Forum Resident

Maybe I am just accustomed to the original version, but I prefer that one overall. I actually prefer David’s vocals. However, all the drums and some guitar leads on the remix are better because they sound fuller and have more weight.

StimpyWan and sound chaser like this.
  13. bruce2

bruce2 Forum Resident

I only listened to some of the new version online, but from what I heard I prefer the original version too.

altaeria likes this.
  14. Thoughtships

Thoughtships Forum Resident

I love both versions.

Great album, in two forms. That's fine by me.

anduandi, zen, Meng and 1 other person like this.
  15. imarcq

Can't you try one of those third party generic tracking websites? Some have Apps too....they autodetect the carrier (sometimes!)

Track order status - AfterShip

16. 24voltsdc

24voltsdc Forum Resident

Hey thanks for letting me know. That's much appreciated.
    Still haven't received mine and the tracking number never goes anywhere. I get a blank screen. What's up with that?

imarcq likes this.
  17. 24voltsdc

24voltsdc Forum Resident

I'm having the same problem.

18. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

Has anyone in the US got the vinyl yet?

19. imarcq

As I suggested earlier, try seeing if one of those third party tracking websites can come up with something. The one below came up with my delivery status, after I selected "Royal Mail" from the drop down menu. But if it's possibly being delivered by a local carrier, maybe USPS, try that instead. Ive noted in the past that sometimes the item needs to be in the destination country before the local carrier shows any tracking.

https://www.parcelmonitor.com/track-it-online

Mine came in the regular UK Royal Mail with tracking. You could also try pasting your number directly into the Royal Mail tracking service. My number also worked with that. It says delivered!

Track and Trace - Track your Item | Royal Mail Ltd

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    24voltsdc likes this.
  20. marc with a c

marc with a c Forum Resident

Did US buyers that have received the vinyl get a tracking code when it actually shipped, or was it just a surprise when it finally landed?

21. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

HAS it landed in the US, though? I'm a US buyer and their shipping email has an apparently useless tracking number in it.

22. marc with a c

marc with a c Forum Resident

I can't be sure - I was noticing that a number of people on Discogs seem to have gotten it, so I figured a few of them would likely be in the US, but I don't suppose I can be sure, huh?

23. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Anyone know if this will ever be available through retail (i.e. for a more reasonable price)?

24. zen

zen Senior Member

Agreed.
    I picked up a copy at the recent San Jose show for $20....which was a nice surprise.
    By the way, it was a good concert too. :thumbsup:

Thoughtships likes this.
  25. SJB

SJB Beloved Parasitic Nuisance

[Edit: thought this was the Buffalo Springfield thread for a minute. It's late here on the East Coast. Sorry. Do carry on...]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.