Yet another "commercials that annoy the hell out of us" thread

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by guy incognito, Oct 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karnak

Karnak "81, 82, 83, 84..."

Yes, I've had just about enough of the 'Flo' commercials too.

On the other hand I still like the Mayhem ones. The 'Blindspot' (You're good!)is one of my favourite tv ads.

2. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Can't believe I forgot this one! The Vonage "bundle" commercial. That couple freaks me out!:eek:

3. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

Any commercial where they have processed the talking and other sounds to sharpen it to the point where the sound seems to penetrate directly into the portion of my brain which controls annoyance. I don't know the technical terms but clearly there is a sort of sound processing being used now to "enhance" commercials to better get folks' attention. Sound processing of this sort has become too common and is at least 75% of commercials on cable each day. Sound on the regular shows seems normal, but when the commercials kick in on cable channels, the difference just JUMPS out at me immediately and it's a type of sound that annoys the hell out of me and I immediately hit mute.

4. Thomas D

Thomas D Forum Resident

It's like they think annoying British accents are something people like. I also hate the Travelocity gnome commercials. And they always process the sound in these commercials so that it is enhanced and penetrates to the brain in a very sharp and annoying way.

5. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

Any of the current Charter cable TV ads, with that annoying kid in the Trojan helmet or the "doctor" at the "International Dateline." Nuke 'em both!

6. RockWizard

I'm hoping/praying the "sour glass of milk" one isn't a video too. Disgusting enough just hearing it!

Here's another "new" one - the kid aggravating the crap out the neighbor with"what" constantly. I believe it's a Suburu or Hyundai commercial. Go home little boy:D

7. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

The new "Free Credit Report" band makes my long for the old "Free Credit Report" band. You know, the one that had the pirate hats? .... and, I used to HATE them!

8. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I guess you're having a "credit wipe out".... :laugh:

The commercial that's bugged me this past week is an Acura commercial. It starts out with singing. I'm about 90% sure that the woman singing is the one from Education Connection. :rolleyes:

9. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

Actually, Flo is kind of easy on the eyes :winkgrin:, so I don't mind those ones so much. Every other insurance commercial has become annoying to me these days.

10. Expectant One

Expectant One Well-Known Member

Hahaha, such an angry thread. It's funny, I almost never get annoyed at commercials, because I come across them so rarely that when I see them, it's usually for the first time. On the "downside" I feel pretty ignorant when people make a joke, referring to one of the few funny commercials out there, and I don't have a clue what they're talking about. :D

11. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

As annoying as that lizard has become, I hate that one with the piglet on a guyline screaming weeeeee. They added a second one with it riding down a hill in a racer or sled screeching the same thing. Geico please. Those anti-smoking PSAs are annoying and disturbing but I guess they're supposed to be.

12. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Don't know if it was mentioned yet but, the car commercials at xmas time with a $40,000 Lexus in the driveway with a bow on top. Seriously??? Has anyone here ever gotten a high end luxury car for Xmas?

13. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

On this forum, I'll bet it's a safe bet someone has. :agree:

14. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Yeah, you're probably right.:laugh:

15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yes! I laughed my azzz of at that slimy commercial...especially during the beginning of the economy cash a few years a go...just filthy!

16. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

WTF ? :wtf:

17. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I can't stand them...they are one of the most expensive Insurance companies out there...hey! someone has to pay that overpriced lizard...he's been demanding big bucks lately...

18. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

19. Demolition Man

Demolition Man Forum Resident

20. RockWizard

As I remember, they had THREE of them. (Keeping fingers crossed) I haven't seen one in quite some time. When they aired constantly, my finger hit the mute button really fast.

For sheer stupidity, the Tums commercials - food slaps people in the face. Some of his stuff is so mind numbing.

21. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

There was another "little piggie" commercial - the pig was sitting in the back seat of a car getting a ride with someone's mom and was holding a pinwheel hanging out of the car window. He was screaming "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" all the way home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.