Yippie! A STEVE BUSCEMI MOVIE I've been Waiting For!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

One of my favorite character actors STEVE BUSCEMI's unavailable MOVIE is finally getting released on DVD on April 29th! The title is...ED AND HIS DEAD MOTHER...Geez, What a title!...Did any of you guys catch that one?...very funny, disturbing, PURE BUSCEMI! And the best part...got a few AMAZON Certificates and It'll be a freebie! I feel lucky! and I thought I'd share...:thumbsup:

2. stever

stever Senior Member

He was great in, "Fargo," a movie most have seen. Has anyone seen, "Trees Lounge?" He's really great in that movie!

3. Michael

Great little movie, Trees Lounge...That's out on DVD, They released TL twice...The First release was widescreen with a commentary by Steve Buscemi...the second is a full frame DVD. I never expected to see that movie released either!

4. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Even in a crap movie like Con Air, Mr. Buscemi's talent shines. "He's got the whole world in his hands...."!

5. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

I first noticed him as one of the buffalo hunters, in the TV mini series "Lonesome Dove". I wish this could get a theatrical release (at six hours long, not very likely).

6. Ted Bell

Ted Bell Forum Dentist

I think I read that he will be on the next season of The Sopranos.

Jay N.

7. Michael

WOW! That will be great! Steve Buscemi -is- half Italian! I'm sure he'll add much to the show as he does with all his apprearances! When I see his name in the credits I'll always check the movie out...

8. "Even in a crap movie like Con Air, Mr. Buscemi's talent shines."

Oh man! Con Air was so great :)

9. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Yes, I liked it too, but I mean "crap" as in a film that a talent like Mr. Buscemi is almost too talented for.

10. Patrick

Patrick Senior Member

For members of this forum "GHOST WORLD" should be considered his must see film, he plays a nerdy, obsessive record collector!
    Why has no one mentioned this one yet, hitting to close to home????

11. Michael

I've heard from a few close friends that the movie S**ked! NOW, I'll have to catch it! Cool...Do you have a short review? Thanks!

12. Michael

Darn! They just bumped it up to May 27th! I hope this doesn't get canned!

13. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

I'll have to check this out!

14. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

:thumbsup: :agree: An excellent movie.
    Dan C

15. seasideboy

seasideboy Senior Member

Which one is the one worth getting? I saw a used fullframe copy in a store for $9.50. What's on the widescreen besides the commentary that's not on the other? I also recall the full screen wasn't 5.1. Is the widescreen 5.1? Loved the movie when it came out.

16. Michael

No 5.1...Other than the Trees Lounge Music Video, Commentary, Director's Commentary, Widescreen 1.85...They're the same movie...It's up to you if you want the original aspect ratio?
    I'm keeping the original first 1.85 DVD release...Steve's commentary is nice to have!

17. christopher

christopher Forum Neurotic

and don't forget the wonderful "living in oblivion", recently issued on DVD.

later, chris

18. Michael

Missed That one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.