Yoko on Conan

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by CardinalFang, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member Thread Starter

Did anybody catch Yoko on Conan? They didn't talk much... instead she had Conan get in a bag with him. Hilarious!

" If people did interviews for jobs in a bag they wouldn’t get turned away because they were black or green or long hair, you know, it’s total communication..." - John Lennon

No Yoko bashing on this thread, please.

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I missed it That must have been priceless...I'll bet the baggism thing was Conan's idea!

3. mne563

mne563 Senior Member

Yoko was very playful for a 70-year old woman. After the bagisim, Conan said something like "we've run out of time, I didn't get a chance to ask you the questions I wanted to ask." Yoko said "You still can", but they went on to a commercial and then the next segment. It struck me that times have changed since the '70's when the whole show probably would have been centered on Yoko. Remember that at one time Mike Douglas spent an entire week with John and Yoko.

Please don't take this as a criticism of Yoko, just an observation. Let's keep this free from Yoko bashing!

4. Stateless

Stateless New Member

I'm sure some of you might know this already, but the remixes of "Walking On Thin Ice" is #1 on the Billboard dance charts! Not bad for a 70 year old woman.

Some where JL is saying, "I told you so!" ;)

5. Matt

Matt New Member

Conan's a huge Beatles fan, and he probably had a ton of questions prepared (he expressed his disappointment that they ran out of time before he got to any of them). It was kind of funny. As Conan mentioned, if you just tuned in, you had no idea what the heck was going on.

6. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Conan and Yoko

Not bad when you can have an interview between two people, each immediately recognizable by a single name.
    Kind of like...

Norm
    :p
    Bag Peace

7. Joe Koz

Joe Koz Prodigal Bone Brother™ In Memoriam

I saw it last night on Comedy Central, it was a hoot!!

8. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

I wonder if the Conan show was Yoko's first "bag" event since she did it with John? If so, that's quite an honor for Conan! I'd get in a bag with Yoko any day.:)

9. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

I must admit, Yoko is pretty spry for a 70-year-old woman!:agree:

10. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Wouldn't it be more SCTV if the interview were between Yoko Ono and Conan The Barbarian?

Yoko: My husband said, "You make you own dream." What is your dream, Conan?

Conan: To crush my enemies, to see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of der vomen.

Yoko: Funny, that's exactly what Alan Klein told me.

11. mne563

mne563 Senior Member

Me too, what a thrill that would be!

At least I'd know anytime she's in a bag, she's not remixing classic John Lennon albums!! :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.