You could go back in time to see one Beatles' concert. Which of these would it be?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jan 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

I guess I'm in the minority in picking Candlestick Park. The sound might be trash and probably wouldn't see too well, but there's something about being at their final ever live concert.

2. Bill Cormier

Bill Cormier Forum Resident

Rooftop concert for sure !

3. a customer

a customer Forum Resident

I'd like to see the concert in Tokyo. I always wanted to visit that city.

4. bfackler

bfackler Senior Member

If I could go back and see it in person, I would choose the Cavern Club. If I could have a visual and aural document, I would choose the Beatles at Shea Stadium. I wish I could have seen any of these shows or better yet, ALL of them.

5. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

This ever so much.

steveharris and Clonesteak like this.
  6. Nipper

Nipper His Master's Voice

Rooftop or Candlestick.

7. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Resident

The Star Club. It's the thrill of knowing what they would become, before anyone knows.

8. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

yes!

Shaddam IV likes this.
  9. Shaddam IV

Shaddam IV Forum Resident

Also, I'll freely admit to dreaming this scenario. I can't be alone in this regard, not on this forum!

Crimson Witch likes this.
  10. Dodoz

Dodoz Forum Resident

From the list : Candlestick Park! It has a vibe I like a lot.

It would be so FRUSTRATING (even if great) to attend the rooftop show...from the sidewalk below.

More realistically, had I been born, one of the french shows in 65 : Paris (I like the Palais des Sports pro footage, and the band could be heard in France), Lyon or Nice.

11. bxbluesman

bxbluesman Forum Resident

The Cavern club. Before the girls started screaming, and they were a supremely confident bar band.

Clonesteak likes this.
  12. HarvG

HarvG Senior Member

Sullivan followed by Washington - the excitement, the newness of it all, with so much to follow in the next 6 years....

13. Bullis

Bullis Forum Resident

Rooftop followed by shea

14. APH

APH Forum Resident

Cavern - although I would be worried that Lennon would pick on me 'what are you doing here Granddad?'
    Star would be even better, but the fights there sound nasty.

15. malco49

malco49 Forum Resident

either the cavern or the rooftop.

still kick myself.i was in liverpool once and didn't think to go by the cavern club,penny lane,or any of the beatles homes!

16. kaztor

kaztor Music is the Best

Rooftop.

I was born after the break-up so that comes closest in my mind to how I envision them in general: The longer hair, the bespectabled Lennon, etc.

17. OneStepBeyond

OneStepBeyond Senior Member

I think I'll go with The Cavern. Coz...

I visited in 2003 but it had moved across the street from its original location... it still had an 'atmosphere' that was undeniable though. And you can't help thinking about the most famous act that played in it, plus around others at that time. I've seen (and played) in larger pubs, so it was certainly 'intimate.' And I like to make sure I get near the front to see the band play - why go and chat to your mate or whoever?? Should not be too difficult to get a great view in there.

Either Washington or Ed Sullivan, next.

Only the rooftop, IF I could be close enough to study Ringo's drumming. :cool:

[​IMG]
    Morcambe and Wise TV show? That would have saved me flying... oh, so would the previous one above. :D

18. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Roof top.

Polished performance, infinitely better repertoire, no screaming girls.

19. canonlon

canonlon Forum Resident

Cavern Club

20. gckcrispy

gckcrispy Forum Resident

Rooftop, hands down. It's the only Beatles live footage I've seen that has the "magic" that supposedly made them stars in Hamburg and Liverpool. It's ironic that when the ultimate studio band was unable to create sparks there, they found their mojo again by playing live. I've always felt that rooftop performance rekindled the fire just enough to lead to the magic of "Abbey Road."

BryanW likes this.
  21. ndoheny

ndoheny Forum Resident

Hamburg sounds the most fun. Watch a five hour set, get drunk, and party with the boys afterwards but the concert post fame I would of enjoyed the most was Blackpool Night Out. The set they played was killer I Feel Fine, I'm Down, Ticket to Ride, Act Naturally, Help!, and a beautiful Yesterday. The banter was fun and the crowd was somewhat subdued and respectful. It's my favorite material from the band and they still knew how to play a great live show.

"Thank you Ringo, that was wonderful"

22. BryanW

BryanW Likes his pop sunny.

All are legendary, but it's the Rooftop for me! It has a mythical quality - a 1969 pop-up show after they gave up concerts nearly two and a half years earlier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.