Young Sheldon

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deuce66, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerolW

JerolW Senior Member

No laugh track. I like that.

jerol

2. Silken

Silken Forum Resident

The actors are great, especially the young ones.

The show is quite 'meh'.

3. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

Yes, I saw him on Young Sheldon, and thought he looked very familiar but couldn't quite place him. And then the show where Leonard confronts his old bully "Jimmy" was rerun and I was recognized him as the same actor. Lorre likes to recycle his actors among shows, so I'm not surprised at this choice.

As far as YS goes, I was very skeptical about it before it aired, and the first episode was just so-so. But the scripts have really improved over the course of the season, and I find it quite funny and enjoyable now. The little girl that plays Missy is fantastic. Annie Potts as Meemaw really brought a whole new level to the show, but she's much more worldly than you'd come to believe from how Old Sheldon talks about her on TBBT. I thought she would be an innocent, mousy, straight-and-narrow kind of character (and the actress that plays her on TBBT plays it that way too) but Meemaw on Young Sheldon is really a wild woman who enjoys drinking, gambling, smoking and living life to the fullest.

MikaelaArsenault, Silken and Jerry like this.
  4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member Thread Starter

I like the show, it's far better than current BBT. I'm having some trouble connecting the young Sheldon to the adult version, they seem like two different people and it's not just the age difference.

5. Silken

Silken Forum Resident

In which episode of TBBT do we see Meemaw? I don't remember.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  6. Victor/Victrola

Victor/Victrola Makng shure its write

She visits Sheldon in CA and tries to break up Sheldon and Amy because Amy broke up with Sheldon and broke his heart.

Silken and MikaelaArsenault like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.