Your Favorite 007 James Bond

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by -=Rudy=-, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

I've read similar things, and that he and Diana Rigg did not get along during production!

2. downhill

downhill Forum Resident

For years, it was Sean all the way...

A couple of years ago, I got to really thinking about the subject and decided that Roger was the best 007 after all...

I think he added a lot of class to the part.

3. Khorn

Khorn Dynagrunt Obversarian

Is there any actor past or present that you think could have carried the part AWA or better than the above choices?

It's hard to choose from the above as they were'nt acting on a level playing field with regards to scripts, film technology and the like as was pointed out earlier. If we could see them all in the identical role in the same time frame it could be a real eye opener.

4. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff Thread Starter

I don't know today's actors well enough to pick anyone current. I'm a "classics" person. I think picking a favorite Bond actor can go beyond scripting and whatever else goes into the movie. Some just seem to carry the part better than others. Or in other words, for some, a bad Connery 007 is better than a good Moore 007.

I think I like Connery just due to an edge he had in his acting that he brought to the character--slightly more aggressive or on edge than the others. One factor, for me, was that the Connery films were the first I'd seen and actually *watched*. They were my mother's favorite, which is why I started there. I only own one Moore 007 right now, "Moonraker", but do want to grab a few of the earlier ones next time I get a chance.

From another angle, do later films with all the special effects help hold up a weak acting performance or weak script?

5. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Who else?

Sean, and not just because he was the first. He made you believe he was James Bond; the others were just actors masquerading as Bond. Even so, plenty of entertainment in that series, but nothing beat the Ken Adam-designed films, all of them exceptional and repeatable in their silly excess. GOLDFINGER is a personal fave, but any of the Connerys--even the belated DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER and the remake NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN--are always a good time.

ED:cool:

6. Claus

Claus Senior Member

GOLDFINGER was the best BOND movie and Sean Connery the best actor of course!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.