Your Favorite Columbo Episodes

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Jerryb, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

The one I remember as a child was where William Shatner was the murderer, and it was so weird to see Captain Kirk as a villain in a suit.

2. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

He did it twice...and those are among the best episodes!

carrolls likes this.
  3. 3ringcircus

3ringcircus Forum Resident

Most of the better ones have already been mentioned. But my favorite hasn't: "A Friend In Deed" (from Season 3) has the best twist ending of all the Columbo episodes. Peter Falk was in top form. The final scene is priceless. (spoiler alert - see hidden text) >>>"These are my socks, my underwear, my niece, my nephew, my brother-in-law..."

Muzyck likes this.
  4. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I like that one an awful lot too! Great unique story line, and it's believable. Watched Columbo Cries Wolf tonight. Not one of the better ABC episodes but certainly worth watching. It also has a great plot twist in the last ten minutes.

5. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

They are airing that one tonight on MeTV, watching it now. Fantastic!

6. DesertChaos

DesertChaos Forum Resident

I like that one too - I recorded it to the DVR and will watch while doing my workout tomorrow or Tuesday.

7. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

Columbo: "Is the hot plate yours?"
    Michael Lally: "that's MY hot plate"

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I liked Peter Falk so much i just watched the show for him...the episode didn't really matter.

Andrew and HominyRhodes like this.
  9. HominyRhodes

HominyRhodes Forum Resident

Started re-watching Columbo on MeTV, then on Netflix, and finally bought the "complete" DVD box set. Peter Falk was amazing. Apart from a few hokey episodes during the later years, I thoroughly enjoyed the entire run of the show, and I know I'll re-watch them again from time to time. I don't think I have a single favorite.

Trivia: Janet Leigh appeared in a 1975 episode, and then two years later her daughter -- a very young Jamie Lee Curtis -- made a brief cameo appearance as a waitress.

10. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

The Bye-Bye Sky High I.Q. Murder Case episode also had Sorrell Booke in it. You may remember him as Boss Hogg in the DUKES OF HAZZARD series. Extremely talented actor.

Keith V likes this.
  11. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

The second pilot from 1971: "Ransom for a Dead Man" with Lee Grant.

12. Trashman

Trashman Forum Resident

He also appeared in Swan Song as a record producer. It's a very brief appearance, but you can't miss him.

[​IMG]

spanky1 and Keith V like this.
  13. Commander Lucius Emery

Commander Lucius Emery Forum Resident

Actually it was Mrs Columbo who was the big fan. But according to what the Lt says, his wife is a "big fan" of every author, singer, tv personality, etc.

Keith V likes this.
  14. ryno

ryno Forum Resident

If you watch Etude In Black you'll notice that Blythe Danner is pregnant and that bump ended up becoming Gwyneth Paltrow, so i guess they're the first mother and daughter to appear in Columbo.

HominyRhodes and Keith V like this.
  15. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Great show. It's always fun to see Columbo drive people crazy. My favorite villians are Robert Culp and Jack Cassidy.

Keith V likes this.
  16. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I like the Cassavettes one, where he kills the mistress with the ashtray, carries her into the kitchen and makes it look like suicide by gas.
    He screws up by losing his carnation.

Jrr and Keith V like this.
  17. Keith V

Keith V Forum Resident

And the director screwed up by inserting a scene in the middle of the show after Cassavettes got a haircut. :)

18. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

That is funny!!!!!!!!

Keith V likes this.
  19. albert_m

albert_m Forum Resident

I watched season 1 a couple years ago on Prime, but they didn't have any other seasons. Last year Best Buy had the complete series for around $60. I'm still working my way through the seasons.

Keith V likes this.
  20. I recently purchased all the Columbo episodes from the late 80s-90s and they are pretty hit and miss, but there is an excellent episode where William Shatner plays a Rush Limbaugh-type radio personality. His best line is at the end when he confesses to Columbo "I may have underestimaed you" -very funny.

21. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I know all the episodes pretty well amd that one is definitely my favorite, followed by Death Hits the Jackpot with Rip Torn.

Pete Puma likes this.
  22. ryno

ryno Forum Resident

I think my favourite episode is the one with Ruth Gorden where she kills her nephew by locking him in her safe. I like it when Columbo actually is a fan of or likes the murderer.

Juggsnelson and erniebert like this.
  23. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

[​IMG]

I also liked the one with Faye Dunaway.

[​IMG]

No pic of Johnny Cash kissing Columbo.

24. erniebert

erniebert Shoe-string audiophile

The part with the light socket is cool. :thumbsup:

25. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I remember this silly one.........the pretty girl gets hypnotized, thinks there's a pool five stories down, strips, jumps. Columbo carries around one of her heels the whole time cause he can't get over she put her watch in it. He either has a fetish for heels, or can't smell her stinky shoe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.