Your favourite Bear Family releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodBlessTinyTim, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Tribute

Tribute Forum Resident

I wish that I had known they would stop selling the Ace label

melstapler likes this.
  2. Svein Arne

Svein Arne Well-Known Member

This was my suggestion ,it includes all recordings for Mercury,exept one song.
    This could not be included because som bright spark would not have it released.:realmad:

melstapler likes this.
  3. Svein Arne

You can search Amazon for ACE releases.Sometimes old releases pops up.Price is sometimes low.

4. Reader

Reader Forum Resident

I know they can't sell BF anymore but what is the deal with Ace and Cherry Red? I bet they were big sellers.

It's almost like somebody is/was trying to put Ernie out of business.

melstapler likes this.
  5. Tribute

Tribute Forum Resident

Yes, but when you bought in bulk, and used Ernie's coupon, the price was far less than all other dealers and the shipping was much cheaper too

melstapler and GodBlessTinyTim like this.
  6. cdwolf

cdwolf Active Member

For once, I don't think we can blame Bear Family or anyone else for Ernie's problems. IMO they and they alone are to blame for their problems. If a business insists on selling BF boxsets for about 10% less than their costs from BF (note that this is inventory cost only, before any of their other costs of operation) that does not bode well for their continued long-term existence. I explained the economics involved in this old post from last year.

melstapler likes this.
  7. cdwolf

cdwolf Active Member

Just to clarify, Ace Records is alive and well and continues to put out new releases every month. It's just that Ernie's apparently no longer sells them.

8. I started freaking out when I first thought Ace Records had gone under.

DR.J and melstapler like this.
  9. Svein Arne

ACE has just like Bear Family suddenly changed in a new kind of music they release.More funky,psychedelic music.I do not like that,but they also have great releases,not so much as before.

melstapler likes this.
  10. Front 242 Addict

Front 242 Addict Forum Resident

Charlie Rich had a very beautiful voice , Marvelous music.
    I discovered his music not a long time ago.

11. Front 242 Addict

a very beautiful Charlie Rich song with magnificent backing vocals, I love the atmosphere of the song.

[/QUOTE]

12. darling

darling Well-Known Member

Yeah... I still have a whole bunch of Ace CDs sitting in my shopping cart over there. I had a look at the sale but they have hardly any inventory left... I am sad, but my wallet is happy.

melstapler likes this.
  13. Svein Arne

[/QUOTE]
    Charlie did 2 albums on Smash records after Groove/RCA.These are great,buy them also released on ACE records,and Mercury cd:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aint-Gonna...id=1509714627&sr=1-6&keywords=charlie+Rich+cd
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-S...&refinements=p_n_binding_browse-bin:382528011
    After these he recorded for Epic,the early records on Epic great.Listen to these early Epic recordings:
    Charlie Rich "Have A Heart"
    Charlie Rich "Down On The River"
    Charlie Rich----Golden Slipper Rose
    Charlie Rich "Down By The Riverside"
    Look for these early Epic releases on cd,released on KOCH records.
    Silver linings is an amazing gospel cd:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Every-Time...sr=1-1-spell&keywords=Chearlie+Rich+silver+cd
    :righton::tiphat:

14. Front 242 Addict

Charlie did 2 albums on Smash records after Groove/RCA.These are great,buy them also released on ACE records,and Mercury cd:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aint-Gonna...id=1509714627&sr=1-6&keywords=charlie+Rich+cd
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Complete-Smash-Sessions-Charlie-Rich/dp/B000008K01/ref=sr_1_40?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1509714675&sr=1-40&keywords=charlie+Rich+cd&refinements=p_n_binding_browse-bin:382528011
    After these he recorded for Epic,the early records on Epic great.Listen to these early Epic recordings:
    Charlie Rich "Have A Heart"
    Charlie Rich "Down On The River"
    Charlie Rich----Golden Slipper Rose
    Charlie Rich "Down By The Riverside"
    Look for these early Epic releases on cd,released on KOCH records.
    Silver linings is an amazing gospel cd:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Every-Time...sr=1-1-spell&keywords=Chearlie+Rich+silver+cd
    :righton::tiphat:[/QUOTE]

Many thanks Svein Arne for the information and for the links :cool:
    all the songs you posted are wonderful , my favorite is Golden Slipper Rose, just a stunning song

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    PhantomStranger and melstapler like this.
  15. Svein Arne

Here is a DVD of interest for people like us.
    Festival with music from Newport folk festival 1963-1966.
    Includes for the first time Johnny Cash never before released elsewhere.A lot of information about this DVD here:
    Festival (1967) - The Criterion Collection
    :tiphat:

16. Svein Arne

17. Tribute

Tribute Forum Resident

Is there any update on when the Louisiana Hayride set will actually be released. I hope that Amazon.de price holds if you placed it.

melstapler likes this.
  18. john hp

john hp Forum Resident

melstapler likes this.
  19. domcasmurro

domcasmurro Active Member

Amazon.de says it will be released on November 24th and dispatched on the 27th. The pre-order price is still locked at under EUR 100, so far.
    The regular price, however, has been EUR 174.99 for a few weeks now.

Tribute likes this.
  20. The Killer

The Killer Forum Resident

The Steve Young complete Seven Bridges Road is a must, release of the year!

melstapler and Svein Arne like this.
  21. The Killer

The Killer Forum Resident

What do you think of our Benny, GBTT? He's got a great voice and the music is as good as it gets. CD's like this are VALUE, chock full of great music and a booklet so thick you can barely stuff the thing back in the case. I'm with Pappy Daily 'why didn't he make it big'. Rates as a 'Double Hot Dang' from me!

GodBlessTinyTim likes this.
  22. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

Starday Custom

This box set starts on #500 and ends on #675. There are a few records listed in the book that are not on the CDs – sadly, after 30 years of collecting (and in some cases for other collectors, 40+ years) these records simply haven’t turned up yet. All in all, this set includes 312 tracks on 10 CDs, and comes with a 116-page, LP-sized hardcover book with label pictures and liner notes about each single.

[​IMG]

23. Svein Arne

I ordered it now.
    Best to do it now so i can get it before it is sold out.

:tiphat:

24. 2scoops

2scoops Member

Do you have a link, can't find it listed from the usual sources?
    Thanks

eddiel likes this.
  25. Tribute

Tribute Forum Resident

to me, this is the sign that Ernie's will be gone soon

Email today

This email is a $300 Gift Card from EBrecords, which may be used for the purchase of any items at EBrecords.com (this URL redirects to www.ebreggae.com).

Hello,

Today you have been granted a Gift Card to use at EBrecords.com.

Gift Card Value = $300

Minimum Order for this promotion = $450 (order $450 of goods, you pay only $150 after the applying the $300 gift card)
    Gift Card expiration date = Sunday, November 12 at 11:00 PM California Time

To use the Gift Card please place an order on the website as usual, and on the checkout page click the 'Click Here To Use Your Gift Card' button and then enter the gift card number. This gift card is for use with your retail account (it won't work on your wholesale account, if you have one).

If you have any questions or needs, or if your are having trouble signing in to your account, then please reply to this email and we will respond promptly.

Thank you very much for your support of EBrecords.

Sincerely,

EBrecords Customer Service Team