Your favourite Bear Family releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodBlessTinyTim, Mar 3, 2015.

1. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Just picked this 2 CD compilation up, pretty good stuff.

[​IMG]

2. Svein Arne

Svein Arne Forum Resident

Mysterious honkytonk singer?Is it this artist?

Is it him Bear Family is gonna make a big box with?
    :shh::tiphat:

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Herman's Hermits!

MerseyBeatle likes this.
  4. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

Yes, Herman’s Hermits and The Beatles - Beatles Bop: Hamburg Days
    [​IMG]

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

6. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

been on a Lefty bender lately. A shout out for Bear Family to revisit Lefty for
    those who can't at least! get a hold of the 'Life's Like Poetry' boxset.

PhantomStranger and Mr. H like this.
  7. Rick Bartlett

8. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

Lefty was top tier for sure. Brilliant box set, the original. It will be interesting to see what gets done beyond a simple reissue.

Lefty is one of my favorite vocalists ever.

Rick Bartlett likes this.
  9. Rick Bartlett

There is currently a 'Life's Like Poetry' set on eBay, you may be able to score for a good price :righton:

10. Rick Bartlett

and one from Lefty's brother David from 1959 on Columbia....

11. Rick Bartlett

Off topic, I know... and it's B - side:

12. hotshotskings

hotshotskings Forum Resident

Anybody have any updates on preordering the "Battleground Korea - Songs and Sounds of America’s Forgotten War (4-CD Deluxe Box Set)"??

13. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

14. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

15. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

This is the sales sheet. I hope it's OK to post here:

Battleground Korea: Songs And Sounds Of America's Forgotten War 4-CD deluxe boxed set with 160-page hardcover book, 121 tracks Rarely heard documentary audio material, including patriotic public service announcements, field news reports and even a plea for blood donations from Howdy Doody! A richly illustrated, colorfully illustrated book with detailed artist and song notes as well as a history of the Korean War. Audio mastering and the layout for 'Battleground Korea' was recently completed and we can now announce the release of this project for Bear Family (where it belongs) at the end of March 2018. The bound book will appear in a sturdy slipcase (approx. 28 x 28 cm) similar to the current Woody Guthrie 'Tribute Concerts' set. There will be detailed background information on each of the approximately 100 songs included in the edition, as well as artist biographies and extra chapters with transcriptions of the texts, illustrated with photos of that time, advertisements, flyers, magazines, record sleeves, book covers and other memorabilia. Among the book's special chapters are an interview with Frankie Miller, recalling his time in Korea, and a nine-page section with photos and newspaper headlines describing Marilyn Monroe's visit to the troops. At the time of the 1953 ceasefire agreement, which ended the war, some 327,000 US soldiers were still in Korea. In the course of 1954, this number was reduced by more than 30% to just over 225,000. Many of these troops were fortunate enough to see Marilyn Monroe during her four-day USO tour of the military bases in February of 54. Many of the photos of Marilyn, who fulfilled her 'patriotic duty' in Korea for thousands of grateful soldiers, were only recently found in the archives of the US Army and have rarely been seen before.

Year of Production: 2018 | Rating: NR SKU# BCD17518 Street Date: 03/23/18 Box Lot: 0 Audio: STEREO UPC: 5397102175183 Pre-Book Date: 02/16/18 Run Time: 313 min. Genre: Country Format: CD SRP: $129.99 # of Discs: 4 disc(s) Label: Bear Family Records

16. hotshotskings

17. baptistbusman

baptistbusman Compact Disc Advocate

It doesn't come with the book though. I just picture someone buying this box brand new and letting the kid color on the book or set his beer on it.... I saw some on ebay where someone had put check marks in the book by the songs to keep track of what he listened to.

melstapler likes this.
  18. Svein Arne

19. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

melstapler and GodBlessTinyTim like this.
  20. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

21. Svein Arne

22. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

There was a time when I ordered 5 or 6 single CDs of various music from a private collector/dealer. The CDs came in the mail in a box, all taped up with the address label and postage pasted to the box. The box was the outer box for the Bear Family Lefty Frizzell box. When I contacted the dealer about the Lefty, he said he decided to keep the CDs.

That's how some outer boxes get lost. For all I know, he tore up the book and crumpled the pages for padding in another shipping container

23. hotshotskings

Anyone here planning on getting the Korea war box set?

24. Svein Arne

I have already ordered mine from this place
    http://www.cruisin.no/infoRecords/
    I have used this place for over 30 years.May not be the cheapest but it got the best service.

:tiphat:

25. maloney

maloney music collector and archivist

Yes Very much Looking forward to ordering it as soon as I can , it will go well with the brilliant Cold War box set, and Vietnam, sets ...I would Love them to do a WW1 box set
    I have about 100 Bear Family Sets

Kevin55 likes this.