Your favourite Bear Family releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodBlessTinyTim, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Svein Arne

Svein Arne Forum Resident

Moon Mullican is also on this cd box:
    & His Texas Wanderers (5-CD) | Bear Family Records

2. RSteven

RSteven Forum Resident

Oh my goodness, isn't the sound on this box set fantastic? Wow, Smoke Gets In Your Eyes, Twilight Time, and so many others just sound so full and rich, like I have never heard them before. Definitely one of my favorite Bear Family box sets in my vast collection.

Mr. H and Michael like this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Indeed! SGIYE still gives me chills...so beautiful...that box is a treasure...

Mr. H and RSteven like this.
  4. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

melstapler likes this.
  5. hotshotskings

hotshotskings Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Judge Judy likes this.
  6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

7. Carl Steward

Carl Steward Forum Resident

I seriously wonder of anyone has a complete Bob Wills Tiffany collection. I bought several dozen rare ones from a private dealer years ago, a number that still haven't been released commercially, but they were transferred from discs that weren't in the greatest condition, and while certainly listenable, they don't sound like the Real Gone set (which upgraded a dozen or so of my rarities).

I have more than 300 confirmed Tiffanys but I know there are even more. I actually wrote to Bear Family around the time they did their Columbia Wills box and asked if they had any thought of doing a Tiffanys box. I got a response saying they would love to do it, but that they couldn't get 'em from the rights holder.

8. Svein Arne

Several years ago Country music hall of fame recieved a big box/package with unopened/unplayed Tiffany records from someone that worked at the studio where these was recorded.There was not much more information then this.

melstapler likes this.
  9. Svein Arne

melstapler likes this.
  10. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

Svein Arne and GodBlessTinyTim like this.
  11. Svein Arne

Bear Family records i am still waiting for a cd box from this great singer:wantsome:

melstapler and baptistbusman like this.
  12. Tribute

Tribute Forum Resident

13. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

I wonder what a Buddy Holly autograph would go for? Surely wouldn't be many of those around.
    That set is priced at double the original was. Being only 88 produced with the Guitar Case, it's probably
    a great investment. I read somewhere, apparently Paul McCartney has one in his stash.

14. Judge Judy

Judge Judy Forum Resident

While this is one of my favorite bits of dialogue in television history, I'm not sure what it means in this context.

15. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident Thread Starter

Got my copy the other day. The studio tracks intended for his unreleased Mercury album are decent but nothing really special, on par with his ABC recordings from a year or two prior. The live recordings comprising the bulk of the running time are awesome though. This one really tears down the house:

melstapler, Svein Arne and The Killer like this.
  16. Svein Arne

melstapler likes this.
  17. Tribute

Tribute Forum Resident

The webpage link that you posted specifically mentions that it is a CDR,

When you see this citation, as on that page, that is what it means.

"manufactured on demand" means CDR. It is authorized and licensed.

CDRs can also be made in a factory, just with different media and different machines.

From the amazon weblink you provided:
    Product description
    Product Description
    [Note: This product is an authorized, licensed CD and is manufactured on demand]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  18. Svein Arne

Sorry for my mistake.But you have to search,look hard for that infomation.It should have been easier to read about what it was.:disgust:

19. Tribute

Tribute Forum Resident

Your comment is true. Sometimes when you see a very obscure title being reissued as new, one that is in low demand, you might suspect this is the case. They do not highlight the information.

They also do not add the warning, which I think should be added:

"For those few collectors who actually want this item, we know you will be unhappy that this is not what you call a real CD. You may wish to return it, so that is why we charge you the price of a real CD and do not offer full graphics."

melstapler likes this.
  20. Svein Arne

Why is this song not included in the big Gene Vincent box?o_O

melstapler likes this.
  21. Svein Arne

There are many CDs i have bought i would like to return to Amazon.But postage and handling is more expensive then what the CD is worth.It got worse Donald Trump raised postage handling for us that does not live in USA.:realmad:

melstapler likes this.
  22. Tribute

Tribute Forum Resident

Postage has gone sky high for everyone, but your comment is certainly fair.

Now that mail order has replaced local shopping everywhere, the shipping costs have escalated to the point where it is killing all commerce. I bought a CD from a European dealer last week for $2 equivalent, and the shipping was $12. I did buy it because it is a scarce disc.

When I buy CDs in local used shops it is almost as if they are free, because the CD costs less than the cost of local shipping alone.

melstapler likes this.
  23. Svein Arne

Gloomy times a head for music collectors:shake:

melstapler likes this.
  24. Tribute

Tribute Forum Resident

I ordered 5 mini-LP CDs together in one order from a Japanese dealer (not through Amazon). The shipping on one CD was going to be $8, so I ordered a batch figuring they would bundle them and with a light weight pack (mini-LPs are light!) they would give a break on shipping. This was the type of dealer who would send you an invoice with shipping costs. They charged $40 shipping.

Never again.

They are killing commerce.

melstapler likes this.
  25. Tribute

Tribute Forum Resident

Back when shipping a CD was 99 cents, I ordered on-line because it cost me more in gasoline to drive to a music store

melstapler and Rick Bartlett like this.