Your favourite Bear Family releases

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by GodBlessTinyTim, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Svein Arne

Svein Arne Forum Resident

melstapler and baptistbusman like this.
  2. Svein Arne

Here is a song included on DVD in the box:

melstapler and DR.J like this.
  3. baptistbusman

baptistbusman Compact Disc Advocate

Well I just saw County Sales has this for $165.00, and your video was just enough to get me to click the "place order" button................

melstapler and Rick Bartlett like this.
  4. Svein Arne

5. Goggen

Goggen Forum Resident

Have anybody tested this vinyl pressing?:

BAF 18029 Bobby Bland: Dreamer

6. Svein Arne

7. Goggen

Goggen Forum Resident

That's the one

8. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist

Fans of legendary songwriter Ben Peters are uniting as we speak:
    Ben Peters - legendary songwriter. Your favorite song he wrote?

'Kiss An Angel Good Morning' is a Ben Peters composition everyone knows. The list of songs Peters wrote is impressive. His songs have been recorded by everyone from Ray Charles and Dean Martin to Al Green and Glen Campbell.

9. Brian Mc

Brian Mc Member

That Lefty Frizzell box looks amazing

RSteven and melstapler like this.
  10. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

Hank Thompson is one of those guys who makes it sound so easy you almost think you could do it yourself.

11. Mychael

Mychael Forum Resident

Why do you have to "test" it – it's Bobby Bland, it's the "Dreamer" album! (Recorded with the Steely Dan backing band and studio crew)

baptistbusman likes this.
  12. Svein Arne

Try this one:

melstapler likes this.
  13. baptistbusman

baptistbusman Compact Disc Advocate

I'm hoping this is my next purchase. County Sales has been able to get me a lot for great prices. I just have to save up a little now.

melstapler and Svein Arne like this.
  14. spanky1

spanky1 Forum Resident

Does this one contain the instrumental Dot Records lp from the Brazos Valley Boys?

baptistbusman and melstapler like this.
  15. Svein Arne

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  16. Dr. Luther's Assistant

Dr. Luther's Assistant dancing about architecture

This thread is extremely dangerous. I'm two pages in, and it's already cost me over a hundred bucks. (Not counting the Buck Owens box set in my cart that's "saved for later".)

:help:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  17. Goggen

Goggen Forum Resident

Just wondering if I should go for the original pressing instead.

18. Kevin55

Kevin55 Forum Resident

Not Bear Family but I think it will be of interest to people here:

A kickstarter campaignfor a comp of songs by Starday artists by the author of The Starday Story: The House That Country Music Built Nate Gibson.

"Nate Gibson and the Stars of Starday"

Nate Gibson & the Stars of Starday Pre-Order

Quote: "In recent years, I've wanted to shine an even brighter light on the music itself, specifically on the many Starday artists who are still alive and still making great music today. So I decided to travel around the country and make a record with some of my all-time favorite Starday artists. Along the way I picked up some incredible studio musicians including Marty Stuart, Kenny Vaughan, Chris Scruggs, and many more, and together we finished the album!"

SO WHAT'S ON THE RECORD?
    24 Starday songs recorded as duets with the original Starday artists:

• Betty Amos w/ Judy & Jean - Stars of the Louisiana Hayride and Wheeling Jamboree who were among the first women to write & record their own truck driving songs
    • Bill Clifton - Bluegrass Hall of Famer and International Ambassador of Bluegrass Music
    • Rudy “Tutti” Grayzell - Rockabilly Hall of Famer and Elvis Presley’s touring mate in the mid ‘50s
    • Wade Jackson - Grand Ole Opry Road Show performer and author of “Don’t Be Angry,” a huge hit for his brother Stonewall Jackson
    • Sleepy LaBeef - Rockabilly Hall of Famer and rock and roll legend
    • Little Roy Lewis - Bluegrass Hall of Famer, Gospel Music Hall of Famer, Georgia Music Hall of Famer, and also the most recorded Starday artist of all-time
    • Jesse McReynolds - Bluegrass Hall of Famer and the longest tenured member of the Grand Ole Opry
    • Darnell Miller - Star of West Virginia's Saturday evening Country Jamboree TV shows and the longest tenured member of the Wheeling Jamboree
    • Frankie Miller - The "Black Land Farmer" himself, star of the Louisiana Hayride and frequent Grand Ole Opry guest
    • Arnold Parker - Rockabilly Hall of Famer and 2018 inductee into America's Old Time Country Music Hall of Fame
    • Margie Singleton - Hit songwriter, renowned session vocalist, and the first woman to record a duet LP with George Jones
    • June Stearns - The last Smokey Mountain Girl in Roy Acuff’s band and frequent duet partner with Red Sovine, Johnny Duncan, Lefty Frizzell, and many more

19. hotshotskings

hotshotskings Forum Resident

20. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

what was he thinking during this era!????
    'dread'ful!

melstapler likes this.
  21. Dr. Luther's Assistant

I just took delivery of these two items. Oh man -- the Charlie Rich set looks spectacular.

(I'm unclear if the Charley issue I have had overdubs -- Rebound, I think it's called? It's been awhile, but my recollection is that it did have some sporadic misguided choral activities.)

22. Dr. Luther's Assistant

I just now saw your post.

Not 3 hours ago, I did exactly what you suggested, regarding the early George Jones box. It came out to $103 with standard shipping. (December 03 delivery.)

This was after having a hard time even finding a new copy through other outlets.

I am a happy Cowboy.

addendum:

I just went back and looked. Same item, same everything. Now $136. Flex pricing in the wake of my purchase, I guess. Weird.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    melstapler likes this.
  23. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

I mean, honestly, what was he thinking in any era?

Rick Bartlett likes this.
  24. Svein Arne

A great Bob Luman cd box:

:tiphat:

melstapler, RSteven and baptistbusman like this.
  25. GodBlessTinyTim

GodBlessTinyTim Forum Resident Thread Starter

A lot of his Phillips International recordings do feature very prominent backing vocals, but the box set gives you the songs in both overdubbed and undubbed forms.

melstapler likes this.