Your Favourite Bee Gees album 1970-1974

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Scope J, Apr 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

2. Scope J

3. Scope J

4. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Love them all (OK maybe I just "like" MR. NATURAL :winkgrin: ) but I'd choose TRAFALGAR if pressed. Having the MFSL gold disc only enhances the experience.

Scope J likes this.
  5. Scope J

6. Scope J

[​IMG]

linclink and JeffMo like this.
  7. Scope J

8. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Hey Scope J--are these actually in your possession? Beautiful stuff either way--if I had the Life in a Tin Can 8-track I'd find a way to frame it and hang it on a wall in my listening room!

CrazyCatz and Scope J like this.
  9. Scope J

From Discogs

10. Castle in the air

Castle in the air Forum Resident

Mr Natural for me.
    There are some okay non singles like Alone Again and Walking Back To Waterloo on that mid period but generally in my opinion most of their post reuniting work until the shelved Kick In The Head... album was just flat and uninspiring.

John Adam likes this.
  11. Jupitermadcat

Jupitermadcat Forum Resident

Hmmmm Big Bee Gees Fan of course i know all the 60's and early 70's hits but i really came in with Main Course and onward. I have heard most of the earlier albums a lot are hit or miss for me so from this list i will go with Trafalgar.

12. Emilio

Emilio Senior Member

Only three votes for "Life in a Tin Can" (including mine)? Folks, give that album another listen.

13. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I like it, but don't love it like Trafalgar or TWIMC.

linclink and Hep Alien like this.
  14. Jupitermadcat

Jupitermadcat Forum Resident

I just listened to it i like it.

Scope J likes this.
  15. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Life in a Tin Can for me. Especially for the excellent first side.

Scope J and Jupitermadcat like this.
  16. apple-richard

apple-richard *Overnight Sensation*

To Who It May Concern is my number one and Trafalgar is my two. I absolutely adore all the Robin songs. Run To Me is the ultimate Bee Gees song.

linclink, JeffMo, Hadean75 and 3 others like this.
  17. apple-richard

Had a buddy in High School and he only played three 8 tracks in his car. 2 Years On, Mott and GFR Mark Don and Mel.

JeffMo and Scope J like this.
  18. Matt Ellers

Matt Ellers Senior Member

Trafalgar has some of my favorite highlights and Mr. Natural is compelling throughout. Disc 2 of Tales From The Brothers Gibb has long been my favorite Bee Gees CD and when I discovered Trafalgar and It's Just The Way on the Maurice disc of mythology I realized I needed all these albums (and acquired them on vinyl). The fact that I can't scoop this whole run of albums up on CD to go with the rest is the single biggest frustration of my music collection at the moment.

CrazyCatz, JeffMo and Hep Alien like this.
  19. swampwader

swampwader Forum Resident

I went with Cucumber Castle, as it features what may be my favorite Barry ballad of them all, "Turning Tide". Also, "If I Only Had My Mind On Something Else", "Then You Left Me", "Sweetheart"..... I also really enjoy both To Whom It May Concern & Mr. Natural, but the other three albums not as much.

JeffMo likes this.
  20. apple-richard

I bought all the CDs when I was stationed in Korea in 2000/2001. Most are on Polydor. I was buying the records in the late 60s and throughout the 70s. I use to have a lot of the ATCO 45s. There was a juke box supplier in my town and I could get 45s from them 5 for $1. I gave the 45s away but still have all the LPs.

JeffMo, Matt Ellers and Scope J like this.
  21. Emilio

Emilio Senior Member

That album has a "classy" sound, acoustic and country-flavored. I just wished they had chosen "Method to My Madness" as the single instead of "Saw a New Morning". "Madness" is a poignant and irresistible ballad that is reminiscent of their earlier hits. By the time you hear them singing "like a womaaaaaaaaaan in the rain", you're hooked!

Hep Alien likes this.
  22. Emilio

Emilio Senior Member

I voted for "Life in a Tin Can", but I admit I have a soft spot for "Cucumber Castle". With Robin's departure, Barry and Maurice had to do their best to produce a good enough album so that fans wouldn't miss Robin's trademark vibrato. And they suceeded. It's an atypical Bee Gees song, but I love "I.O.I.O.". And I hear shades of it in "Alone", from "Still Waters".

23. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

That is a cool item!

apple-richard likes this.
  24. Scope J

Winter bump

Hep Alien and linclink like this.
  25. Those were my two faves here as well & I went with "To Whom It May Concern" as my vote getting choice as well... partly because it had less votes, partly because as I remembered playing them in my youth, I recalled playing "To Whom It May Concern" more...

Hep Alien, apple-richard and Scope J like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.