Your most expensive record.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Airbus, Jan 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maccamera

Maccamera Well-Known Member

$140 for NM first press of Wayne Shorter JuJu.

56GoldTop and Dubmart like this.
  2. WhoTapes1

WhoTapes1 Forum Resident

A tie between the perfect Japan picture sleeve single you see in my Avatar & a perfect copy of the Japan ‘The Who Sell Out’ lp.

3. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Think I now have got all of the high priced Vinyl, that I have been seeking(not including 1st Editions Used, but just recent New Releases that have gone up in price).

To go along with my Kate Bush-The Hounds of Love Audio Fidelity Purple Vinyl Mastered by SH/KG mentioned earlier in this thread:

[​IMG]

I recently bought the hard to find a decent price New(about $90), A Sensual World-also Audio Fidelity Mastered by SH/KG

[​IMG]

Also, finally bought this Bowie Live 'Cracked Actor' Vinyl from last year's RSD, that I paid around $80 New/Sealed(thought I read it was selling for $70 on RSD, but not sure on that price, but if so, an extra $10 is worth it.

[​IMG]

Then also got one more on my 'Too Buy' list, the MoV Version of Bowie's 'Hours' Vinyl(Purple) New for around $90, so own all of the MoV Releases I wanted for Bowie(Outside, Hours, Heathen, & Reality).

[​IMG]

4. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

$80 for a sealed copy of Paul McCartney's "Wingspan."

Was sealed for 15 years.

Then I opened it!

5. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

Numerous Venom albums which I paid far too much for.

Krokus s/t from 76 great price compared to what their going for, and it’s ALL NM.
    IM HAPPY, MONEY WELL SPENT.

6. Bathory

Bathory 30 yr Single Malt, not just for breakfast anymore

I scour for sealed lp{s.
    Bought a sealed copy of an Anthem LP, HAD THE PAPER SLEEVE dissolved into the grooves, which sucked, so I bought the cd instead. Still have the lp, but don’t play it. It was stored in tight packing, and it shows.
    I was bummed

7. MBT68

MBT68 I remember dates, names, numbers...

Captain Beefheart - Safe As Milk- first press with original inner sleeve, red label Buddah Super clean cover and Vinyl- $80.00

RandelPink and TSWisla like this.
  8. schnitzerphilip

schnitzerphilip "Modern Dad" Unlocked Award

[​IMG]

Paid $40 in 1985 for this.

bluesky likes this.
  9. Weldon Harris

Weldon Harris Forum Resident

I've got a sealed copy of the Lynyrd Skynyrd Street Survivors album from 1977. Not sure what this might be worth now, in the 80's someone told me it was worth a hundred bucks.
    It's got a kmart 4.99 or 5.99 price sticker on it.

10. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

After reading these posts I don't feel quite so ridiculous and alone.
    THANK YOU!

11. spencer1

spencer1 Great Western Forum Resident

Big love for "Blueberry Hill" as it was the first Zeppelin show I attended.
    It was a magic moment finding that TMQ version in the back room of that record store/headshop on Topanga Cyn.
    Putting on an LP of a show you attended was weird indeed.

Started an obsession with bootlegs.
    Sounded great at the time and actually kind of holds up ... kind of.
    They do sound pretty crappy when objectively comparing them to official releases.

12. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Oh, I just got that 2 weeks ago for $35.00 :righton:

13. inperson

inperson Senior Member

I love the clandestine history of the old vinyl boots. I have about 65 Zeppelin vinyl boot titles. I wore out my copy of Godwin's book making sure I was getting the ones with the best sound. I'd say there are only about 2 or 3 more titles I need and then I'd be happy with finishing my Zeppelin vinyl boot collection. Unless they put out the soundboard of 929 all AAA.

14. Vinyl Socks

Vinyl Socks The Buzz Driver

1976 Antilles pressing of "Five Leaves Left". VG++ condition. Paid $40 for it, and I am so glad I did. Maybe not super-valuable, but someday... :agree:

Subvet likes this.
  15. oldbsturgeon

oldbsturgeon RlrrLrll

I used to collect original mono blue notes. Enough said. I had about 70 before I stopped.
    But the one I paid the most for was a nm the magnificent thad jones. Sleeve was a vg+.
    I think it was $550.
    Now I had some I paid less for but sold for much more, but yeah that’s the most expensive one.

RandelPink and NapalmBrain like this.
  16. socorro

socorro Forum Resident

From Ecuador, Beatles 3 (aka Conozca A The Beatles Vol. 3), with original sleeve in very nice condition, including the original plastic. I've seen two other picture sleeves, each of which was out of the plastic, and two copies that came in plain stamped promo sleeves. The disc is VG+.

It includes 9 tracks from With The Beatles, both sides of the Can't Buy Me Love/You Can't Do That single, and Twist And Shout from Please Please Me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Luckily, I was offered it shortly after I received a bonus at work.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  17. paddycook

paddycook Senior Member

Hey me too, Although I paid a tad more. Too scared to crack the small paper seal lol.

RandelPink likes this.
  18. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Is Ecuadorian vinyl any good?

19. I have never bought an expensive album or cd but i have albums and cds that go for silly money on ebay and discogs. One example would be The mighty Rearranger by Robert Plant that i have never played. I have only listened to the cd. I have quite a few that people seem to spend a lot to own. All beyond me really.

20. mr. k

mr. k Master of the Rummage (retired)

My greatest outlay for a single LP was a modest € 50 for Murry Wilson's Many Moods album.

First time out of its sleeve I had an argument with a large potted plant on my way to the record player and scratched most of side one. Luckily the album's one redeeming track, the Rick Henn composition "Islands In The Sky", is on side two.

Marc Perman likes this.
  21. BrentB

BrentB Urban Angler

Pink Floyd/Atom Heart Mother original UK QUAD 80.00 usd.
    It is a nice crispy absolute near mint! No regrets at all.

22. James_S888

James_S888 Forum Resident

Rolling Stones No. 1. S/T. In minty shape.... I think around 300$
    For what it's worth, the '80s reissue is better sounding.

23. maui jim

maui jim Forum Resident

Same. At same price too.

24. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

A while ago I noticed that the 2011 re-pressing of Etta James' At Last! was sold a few times for pretty big money.
    One offer was even around 200 bucks. Over the time the price went down again. I have this record but bought it new when it was just released, for €30.^^

25. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

$275 for the Abraxas One Step from a superior forum member. He had only played side one, and hadn't even removed the second record from it's sleeve.
    Two years later, with my new turntable, it sounds more amazing than ever ! NO regrets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.