Your most expensive record.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Airbus, Jan 10, 2018.

1. RandelPink

RandelPink The camel wore a nightie

Just recently and I'm not sure how its settling :sigh:

Icky Thump MONO - $400 (Sealed)

paddycook and Neonbeam like this.
  2. rednedtugent

rednedtugent Well-Known Member

< $30.00 I'm eyeballing some speaker corners however. :magoo:

3. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

Is that The Singles File? I bought a copy last year for £95 and it’s excellent

4. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

Pearl Jam - Benaroya Hall 4LP Box - bought for $700 goes now for about $1000
    [​IMG]

RandelPink likes this.
  5. Sebastian saglimbenI

Sebastian saglimbenI Well-Known Member

No....this was the cube "this womans work" boxset.....I was always on the lookout for a copy of her albums from japan....got them all in one purchase!!it's beautiful!!

Porkpie likes this.
  6. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Musician who happens to play drums

Nice records! Just out of curiosity, is your Neil Harvest WLP a German copy? I'm not aware of any white label promos from any other countries. For example, the US promos are stock copies with the pink Warner promo stickers.

hi_watt likes this.
  7. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Forum Resident

The colored versions are numbered and more rare. however i think most are orange colored. The gold/yellow are even more rare. and that's the color i really wanted.

That was then when i was a hardcore bootlegger. I don't really care anymore.

8. hi_watt

hi_watt Forum Resident

Thanks for the heads up! You are right. It is a standard label U.S. copy. I feel embarassed to have posted it as a white label, even though it is a promotional copy. I need to post a picture of it soon.

9. Kristofa

Kristofa Forum Resident

Discogs states my median highest LP is Pink Floyd - The Division Bell on blue vinyl at $110 (paid $20). But I think I can get more than that for my Dead Kennedys - Frankenchrist with Giger poster (paid $15).

Alistair and Rhapsody In Red like this.
  10. Matt Starr

Matt Starr Musician who happens to play drums

That’s a great piece, if you ask me!

hi_watt likes this.
  11. hi_watt

hi_watt Forum Resident

Thanks man!

Matt Starr likes this.
  12. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Forum Resident

Have you played it since then?

13. olegrayman

olegrayman Forum Resident

$138 I think for Bee Gees - Odessa, mono, Polydor, UK
    Close to $100 for Premiata Forneria Marconi - Per Un Amico. Numero Uno, 1st pressing.

In $75 range:
    Black Sabbath - Vol 4 (Vertigo Swirl, UK)
    Khan - Space Shanty (Metronome, Germany)
    Caravan - In A Land Of Grey And Pink (2nd pressing, UK)
    Serge Gainsbourg - Histoire De Melody Nelson (2nd pressing, France)
    Gotic - Escenes (Movieplay, Spain)
    some others, like Egg, Banco del Mutuo Soccorso, etc.

Biggest steal:
    England - Garden Shed (Arista, UK) - $35.

Trinkywinky and hi_watt like this.
  14. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Machine wrapped in butter.

Ah, okay. I don't remember it being good enough to warrant that price! That's why it's under the stairs with my other Floyd boots.

15. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

Well, "The Singles File" collected - then - current reissues of the singles and not always used the correct master but it's a lovely set.

How are the bonus discs in the Japanese version? Are they also dedicated Japanese pressings or did they throw in European vinyl? A friend has the UK box and it's fantastic. But since I already have multiple pressings of Bush's albums plus "The Singles File", I couldn't justify buying this set too. But for $150 it would definitely be a no-brainer. Especially as Jp edition:righton:

That said: An updated "Singles File" - not necessarily as 7" box - is loooooong overdue. But then again: There aren't even current pressings of most Bush albums so why should she reissue the rarities? :help:

Sebastian saglimbenI likes this.
  16. Pim

Pim Forum Resident

Probably the Scratch My Back boxset by PG. I think it was around 250/300 euros?

[​IMG]

Besides that I've also got the Beatles stereo vinyl box, probably also around 300.

17. Porkpie

Porkpie Forum Resident

There’s quite a bit of space left in the Singles File box so I added my French release of the Suspended in Gaffa 7”. That should have been the follow up to SIML imo.

18. riverrat

riverrat Forum Resident

I paid $45 each for a couple of the Blue Note Disk Union DBLP series Japan mono pressings.
    I paid a similar amount (with shipping) for several of the Music Matters 33 series.
    I think I paid around $50 for my Canadian Kinney pressing of Exile on Main Street.
    I paid around $60 for a VG+ unboxed Decca mono pressing of Beggars Banquet.
    I should have paid the $60 being asked for a NY RVG Blue Note pressing of Blakey Jazz Messengers Free for All that I saw in a DC record store.

This seems to be a price ceiling for me.

19. Sebastian saglimbenI

Yes I am currently in process of a move with collection all boxed but I will pull out this set and give you more details....a good excuse to listen to it again!;-)also I have it on c.d. as I have given up most of my vinyl years ago unfortunately!

20. Sebastian saglimbenI

I PAID LIST....$169 FOR "G STANDS FOR GO BETWEEN'S VOL.1".....I TRIED IN VAIN TO BUY IT WHEN IT WAS OFFERED WITH A PIECE OF GRANT McCLENNAN EXTRA....FAILED!BUT A YEAR OR SO LATER OF SEARCHING AMAZON I FOUND A SEALED COPY FOR $169....NEEDLESS TO SAY I JUMPED ON THAT!!!IT NOW GOES FOR WE'LL OVER $600!I LOVE THE BOX....BEAUTIFUL!!!

21. caupina

caupina Forum Resident

USD 60.00 Wham's "Make it Big" SACD :righton:

Kristofa likes this.
  22. Laibach

Laibach Forum Resident

According to discogs, Robyn Hitchcock's "Tromso Kaptein" has been selling between $72,85 and $94,14 U.S. dollars which makes it my most expensive LP. Boxsets, I think it would be The Sleater-Kinney coloured vinyl of 2014, CDs I didn't check.

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

this thread just makes me realize i need to set limits!

tinnox likes this.
  24. Tullman

Tullman I prefer analog

Yes, I played it when I received the new Sgt. Pepper for comparison. The UHQR was much better IMO.

25. Marc Perman

Marc Perman Forum Resident

Gasoline Alley turns up frequently in the used bins over here, but typically trashed and the US pressing isn’t great anyway. I have a German Verigo (non-gatefold) and a Canadian, nice to have both with their different covers.