Your next concert?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Gilmour's Cat, Dec 23, 2016.

1. LandHorses

LandHorses Forum Resident

12/23 (tonight) - Glen Burtnik XMas show with many guests including Lenny Kaye - New Brunswick, NJ
    12/27 - Patti Smith (Lenny Kaye's 70th birthday) - New York City
    12/28-29 - Lucinda Williams - Evanston, IL
    12/30-31 - Patti Smith (12/30 - Patti's 70th birthday) - Chicago

2. I only had one artist left on my bucket list, and last month he kicked the bucket. ;-(

After hundreds of shows over the past 30 years, it's slowed down to a crawl. 2017 may be the first year I pitch a shutout.

3. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

The Matt Flinner Trio at Club Passim in Cambridge, MA. A mandolin hero of mine who does music de jour where the band writes a song the day before each show- quite an impressive feat to say the least. Matt is a super nice guy as well.

Check out Red Shift, one of my all time favorite tunes.

4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits and Abbie: Best Dogs Ever

I got nuttin' - which is really unusual for me. I normally have at least a handful of shows on the docket.

Was supposed to see Sting in March... but I forgot about the show when I booked some other plans, so no Sting for me! :shake:

5. It'll be another Beatles Tribute Band, I'm sure......

Brother Maynard likes this.
  6. costerdock

costerdock Forum Resident

My wife and I are going to see Art Garfunkel in January here in Prescott.

Dave Gilmour's Cat likes this.
  7. Hundazir Strabehn

Hundazir Strabehn Member

February - Magma and Le Metallik Orkestra in Paris and Faust/Slapp Happy in London (two nights)

8. kcjayhawk

kcjayhawk Active Member

Tom Petty in June
    Lionel Richie/Mariah Carey in April

9. VU Master

VU Master Forum Resident

I've always wanted to see Donovan, not sure if he'll be in L.A. anytime soon.

I've gotten pretty burned out and lazy about going see concerts, so expensive, so complicated, and sometimes rude people in the audience spoil it for me. That said, the Hollywood Bowl is a great venue and I'll go there to see acts that i wouldn't see otherwise. Last concert was Dr. John and the Allen Toussaint tribute. After the show I made my way to the entrance of the green room and with the help of a security guard Dr. John signed my copy of his autobiography, which was icing on the cake.

bluejimbop and AJK74 like this.
  10. OnTheRoad

OnTheRoad Forum Resident

I might attend a couple more concerts than I'm currently considering, which is none, if I were within walking distance to a venue and they had the musicians I'd like to hear and see.

There's just not enough of a draw for me anymore to go 'out of my way' and devote the entire day toward the adventure of what used to be my concert experience.

11. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

I don't know. Time will tell. Rock & roll or the choir of angels. :waiting:

12. AJK74

AJK74 Well-Known Member

John Cale and Bob Dylan (both in May 2017) in Liverpool...

Frosst, Brother Maynard and Erik B. like this.
  13. AJK74

AJK74 Well-Known Member

He's really worth going to see. Tends to hang around and meet people afterwords too; a real gent. He signed a couple of my LPs:

[​IMG]

Hope he comes your way soon...

Erik B. and screechmartin like this.
  14. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

It's going to be a great spring… Brian Wilson doing Pet Sounds, followed by Jackson Browne two weeks later.

How could I not be excited?

15. BeardedSteven

BeardedSteven Forum Resident

Dinosaur Jr in March. My last concert was in September. I hate this concert dry spell time of the year.

lucan_g likes this.
  16. cacaaaaaaw

cacaaaaaaw Active Member

Pat Metheny, 1/30 in Charlotte

oldsurferdude and Erik B. like this.
  17. autumn daze

autumn daze Forum Resident

I was meant to be seeing Chic tonight but couldn't get away from work in time.

So next one, as of now, is Ariana Grande. My wife loves her and she's got a heck of a voice so I'm going to try and get up to speed early next year.

18. hutchenstance

hutchenstance Well-Known Member

gosh I dunno.. I wish i had some shows I wanted to see.. maybe Alejandro Escovedo with the Minus 5... and then for sure Cracker with Camper van Beethoven .... that is in the first half of January

other options in the next week are Gogol Bordello and Old 97s but they are iffy..

19. Fletcher MH

Fletcher MH Active Member

20. SJB

SJB Forum Resident

My last concert was at a local high school, where my 17-year-old plays cello in the orchestra.

My next concert will be at my house in a few weeks when Julia Nunes returns for another living room show. A management company called Undertow books these shows for a few different artists. It's lots of fun to host or attend; I recommend the experience.

My next buy-tickets-and-go-somewhere performance will be Patton Oswalt in March. I've been a fan for years but this will be the first time I've seen him in person.

bluejimbop likes this.
  21. Ignominious

Ignominious Member

A7X next month in Sheffield then nothing until May when I see Steve Hackett, Iron Maiden and Take That in Manchester, Leeds and Manchester respectively!

Stormrider77 likes this.
  22. Maggie

Maggie run james run

Comet01 and jlf like this.
  23. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

At the moment, PJ Harvey in April.

24. LandHorses

LandHorses Forum Resident

Alejandro Escovedo shouldn't be a maybe.

I'm looking forward to his 3 night NYC run next month.

25. davers

davers Forum Resident

I saw Maiden for the first time in 2016 and loved it!

Frosst likes this.