Your Personal Dream Turntable

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by AudiophilePhil, Apr 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyclone Ranger

Cyclone Ranger New old stock

Pour moi? Probably a late-model Goldmund Studio.
    In perfect condition, of course.

Ghostworld likes this.
  2. I'd be more than happy if this TT graced my system.

Thorens TD-550

[​IMG]

OldSoul, Gavinyl, Manimal and 4 others like this.
  3. Musicman1963

Musicman1963 Forum Resident

Linn LP12,Radikal,naim aro. As for cartridge probably a Krystal or something from dynavector.

Johnny Vinyl and varyat like this.
  4. VinylRob

VinylRob Forum Resident

I have no idea how good this tt sounds, or how it might stack up with some of the sonic giants of the past, but it certainly is one of the prettiest spinners I've ever laid eyes upon. :)

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  5. 6Moons give it their Blue Moon Award

6moons audio reviews: Thorens TD-550

VinylRob likes this.
  6. VinylRob

VinylRob Forum Resident

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  7. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

Dream turntable? I'm absolutely happy with the both of mine. Would I want or desire another turntable if I had to (both of mine failed) - I'd like either a WT Amadeus or a Vinyl Nirvana Thorens of some sort - maybe a Rega RP10.

Tim Irvine likes this.
  8. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Love the plinth, platter, and arm, but not feeling the light up logo, auto start, and all the buttons.

9. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I still want one of these for the novelty.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

OldSoul, David M. and Gavinyl like this.
  10. I like the light up logo. :).

bajaed and Vinyl Addict like this.
  11. monte4

monte4 Senior Member

A fully loaded Linn Sondek with top Linn arm and top Linn cartridge would work for me. I'd need a second mortgage to buy it though :laugh:

Johnny Vinyl and Musicman1963 like this.
  12. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

[​IMG]
    Got mine.

box of frogs, Gavinyl, Tlay and 7 others like this.
  13. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Some of these tables are dusting nightmares.

andybeau and Vinyl Addict like this.
  14. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Dream turntable for me, a Technics SP 10 Mk II with a obsidian plinth and having two tonearms available at my beck and call of my choosing.

15. Don Parkhurst

Don Parkhurst Forum Resident

Me likey!

timztunz likes this.
  16. Don Parkhurst

Don Parkhurst Forum Resident

I absolutely love the looks of this table! I would love to borrow one for a weekend to drop it into my system to see just how good it sounds : )

Johnny Vinyl likes this.
  17. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

A Shun Mook?

timztunz likes this.
  18. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Yes sir. I'm a believer.

19. Kuzman Stabi XL2 for Lotto win, closer to my budget possibly the Project Signature 12.

20. JohnO

JohnO Senior Member

Mine is:

A slot-LP-load, into a laser scanner that scans both sides of the disk in 30 seconds. No, in 3 seconds.
    It instantly decodes and digitizes the groove into 256/256 or better and removes clicks and pops and scratches and original rumble and groove damage both audio-electronically and graphically, and indexes tracks. All the data is held in memory for play as it writes it to an SD card.
    It then plays back as it spits an inch of the disc out for you to grab.

Upgrade models move the record up to a simulated turntable and arm to look like it is playing the record. Different models could look like a Victrola, a 1930s turntable, a 1950s turntable, a $19.95 1960s special, a GE Wildcat, an AR, a 1200, a current Crosley, a Rega, or Amadeus, or whatever.

For $500. No, $250. No, $99.

Unfortunately this would mostly self-defeat itself as you could just play from the SD card afterward. But the simulation could still simulate.

This is technically possible right now, but maybe not yet in 3 seconds or for $500.

Edit: it includes Plangent and Capstan. Of course. Auto-sensing.

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  21. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

Dayum. They is crazy money now. Kuzma also offers one, not cheap, but not as big a bite as the Shun. I'm using a Stillpoints on my Kuzma XL and like it, but, like everything else, there are many flavors of good, and the Shun Mook is legendary. Good for you!

timztunz likes this.
  22. IanL

IanL Senior Member

23. Bill Hart

Bill Hart Forum Resident

I've had mine since 2006. It has been bulletproof and Franc supports it-- you can call Slovenia and get him on the phone. Parts can be overnighted to the East Coast. Crazy. My only gripe-- and it has nothing to do with the table-- is the need for a compressor for the Airline arm. Compressors are a giant pain in the ass. X 10. The tables appear used sometimes. You never know. I got mine from a dealer who was no longer going to be a Kuzma dealer, and got great support through Scot Markwell, who imports the brand.

timztunz likes this.
  24. H8SLKC

H8SLKC Forum Resident

Turntable with no discernible noise transmitted from the motor to the spindle, platter or tonearm. On-speed. Minute platter wobble. W&F that no typical consumer could hear. Swappable headshell. Smooth tonearm with VTA adjust. Anti-skate. Cover with hinges that hold the cover up. Less than $400 new. Considering that this technology is decades old, this turntable should be on the market now, IMO.

25. Unfortunately the chances of anything turning up 2nd hand here in New Zealand is next to nil, and given the cost of new, the price would still be much more than I could justify unless I want to forgo retirement for another 10 years ;) In the mean time I enjoy your avatar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.