Your thoughts on Sennheiser Headphones!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by mr_mjb1960, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die! Thread Starter

I just bought a pair of Sennheiser Headphones Today...They work great,and deadens the people yapping around me,which I love! But,my question is to all of you,What is your thoughts and critique on them?

2. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

Hard to give an opinion without the Headphone Model

Big Thier likes this.
  3. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I love my 650's!

jriems likes this.
  4. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

They make headphones that range in price from $25 to $1700. In my opinion the $1700 sound better than the $25 ones. I hope that helped.

5. james

james Summon The Queen

Congrats on your new headphones. Sennheiser knows what they're doing.

6. riknbkr330

riknbkr330 Senior Member

I've only had two pairs of headphones in the 30+ years of listening to stereos that are better than a transistor radio ear plug...Sennheiser 540 reference and the 600. Love them both. The 600 especially as it was a big step up from the 540's . They have great detail to them and are very comfortable. Sometimes I'll listen for four hours straight. The only major gripe is on hot days...my ears will get pretty sweaty, but I hate to take them off if I have to listen with cans on.

7. I'm very loyal to Sennheiser and always recommend them to anyone shopping around for headphones. I have owned 600's, 650's, and 700's and think they are all great headphones, the 700's may be a tad overpriced when compared directly to the 650's though. I use Westone 4's for my portable earphones though.

8. fitzysbuna

fitzysbuna Senior Member

LOL very funny!

I used to use
    Sennheiser PXC250-II Noise Canceling Headphone they are pretty good for flights

9. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

Sennheiser knows what they're doing, mostly. They've done very good headphones, and not so good. Impossible to give a general opinion of the brand given how many models and styles they have done.

10. Wasatch

Wasatch Music Lover!

Sennheiser are more natural sounding can's to me.

11. I've been enjoying Sennheiser HD-580's since the mid-90s. I'm completely satisfied and feel no need to upgrade.

12. ElizabethH

ElizabethH Forum Resident

I own Sennheiser HD800 phones. It took a long time for them to fully break in, but they are awesome.
    I usse them with a Rudistor RPX33mk2 headphone amp.

M.Deutrom likes this.
  13. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

I have PX 100's and a 600.Hard to find an easier recommendation than Sennheiser.

14. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I have a pair of $39 HD419s. Before that I owned the HD600 and HD650. I must say I'd be damned if they $39 Senn also don't deliver the goods exceeding well when paired with a little headphone amp. Sennheiser is one company who knows what they're doing.

15. jfeldt

jfeldt Forum Resident

I have the following Sennheisers, all of which I love for different reasons/occasions:
    MX-500, PX-100, HD-580, HD-650

I have and never ended up liking the HD-280 pro.

I find them all to be well voiced and comfortable.

Jimmy B. likes this.
  16. ishmaelk

ishmaelk Forum Resident

Too thin cables.
    Though I'm very happy with my HD449 and CX300.

17. Alejandro Cohen

Alejandro Cohen Active Member

I have HD420s which I used as a Jazz Jock in the '80s and still are nice to hear...but now also have HD650 and these are, as they say, Da Kine! Listen through a Little Dot 1+ and a ChuMoy type Altoid portable with nice caps, ALPS dial, and 2x9V batteries....much better to hear if I must suffer portable mp3 but great on portable cd player for lossless playback.
    BTW just what started this string? Did the Tarrytowner ever tell us what model Sennie?

18. Danglerb

Danglerb Forum Resident

We have half a dozen sets of CX200 (sticks into ear canal), MX200 typical buds, and another half dozen conventional from HD414 to HD600. Where Sennheiser tends to F up is trying to please the unwashed masses.

19. ishmaelk

ishmaelk Forum Resident

Unwashed masses... beautiful way to describe everyone that's... well, worse. o_O

20. ROLO46

ROLO46 Forum Resident

Senny invented the hifi phones in the late 60s
    They used dictaphone mics as transducers (HD 414),they were an utter revealation.
    The headphone market is huge,it is how most listen to music
    Sennheiser cover that market very well from top to bottom
    The ammount of Chinese cloneing is frightening.

21. laughalot

laughalot Forum Resident

No

22. Hobbit13

Hobbit13 New Member

The HD270 is one of the worst sounding headphones I ever came across. And that includes the ones you get in the airplane. No bass, no highs, very litte middle, and loads, I mean LOADS of middle-low.

I do like a lot of other Sennheisers: HD650, PCX-300 But as long as Sennheiser continues to lent their name to random Chinese manufactures, to create junk at a high price, I would not recommend their headphones without a listen test.

(for example the MX550 is clearly a random OEM product, released under many names, but none as expensive as Sennheiser.)

23. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I think they sound great from the 550s on up.

24. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

After shopping around for what is for me a mid-level upgrade, I selected the 598 and like them very much when paired with a headphone amplifier. The amplifier is a must have part of the equation.

25. Jackcan

Jackcan New Member

I love my HD-600. I use a Headroom Micro Amp to drive them. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.