Yourmusic code, expiry 6/30/07

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Manos, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manos

Manos Forum Resident Thread Starter

It looks like it pays to leave a selection in your cart at all times, and check "Special deals and exclusive offers" in your subscription preferences.

"We noticed you still have a great CD in your cart. Take advantage of our special two-day sale: Buy 2 CD's from your cart and get 1 free! When you're checking out, use promo code YMB2G1. Sale applies only to single-disc items."

2. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

From DVDTalk:

3. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

BTW, you should see if YMB2G2 or similar things work. Incremementing codes works on bmgusic...

4. Manos

Defective discount

I should have tried the first code before I posted it.

"The promotion code you entered is not valid. Please try again."

5. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

YMB2G1 doesn't work? :confused: I thought it expired June 30th?

6. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

But I would NEVER put a single-disc in my cart. I always put the single-discs in the QUEUE. (I also put 2-CD sets that were priced as singles in the QUEUE.)

I used the cart for multi-disc sets. :shake:

7. Manos

My first Yourmusic problem

I tried a few variations with no success.

Indeed. Has anyone had success? I thought mine failed because I used a similar code a few weeks ago, but then I tried the YMSALE code Saatvik posted, and that also didn't work.

I think that's how most of us use the cart. The folks at DVD Talk Forum who found the first discount use theirs the same way, but still got the e-mail. It's a moot point, since these codes aren't working. Perhaps tomorrow!

8. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

After the last buy two get one free offer I decided to leave some single discs in my cart (usually I put them in my queue). I got an email today with the YMB2G1 code offer.

I used it last time and it worked okay for me. Although one of my free discs is backordered (Muddy Waters - Hard Again). Not sure how they'll handle that if it's not available any more.

I would suggest you keep a few single discs in your cart and see what happens.

9. Manos

Well, does the code work for you? You'll know as soon as you click on the e-mail link.

Edit: from what I'm reading at DVD Talk, the Yourmusic web site is having several problems tonight. These codes may work fine tomorrow.

10. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

The web site is having issues as of this writing.

As for the coupon codes, is it possible that they only work for the people who receive them directly from yourmusic.com? Maybe the codes are linked to specific accounts.

11. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

that would be my guess also. Just like Borders changed their policy so that their coupons only work if you have the borders card.

12. Manos

Still not working today

That is not the problem I'm having. I received the code in an e-mail addressed to me.

I called BMG customer service this morning, and the representative told me she could not access my Yourmusic account. All customer service is handled via e-mail.

13. Manos

An update

The codes work for me now, sort of... .

When I put three items in my cart and apply YMB2G1, I get one free. When I apply YMSALE, I still get one free! When I have one item in my cart and apply YMSALE, I get no discount.

And for the icing on the cake, they can't process my credit card, the same card that's on file for my monthly subscription. These folks have problems.

14. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident

You mean you get the 20% discount AND 1 free?

15. Manos

No, I just get the 3-for-2 sale with either code. Odd, huh? But since the checkout process is broken, I really didn't 'get' anything.

16. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I am trying to get the 3 for two because I have 6 singles in my cart but it keeps comming up with the 20% off which I entered first. The 3for2 would be a better deal for me if I could get it to work.

17. Manos

Could be a stuck cookie, but...

It doesn't seem to matter which deal comes up. No one here or at DVD Talk has been able to complete an order since the sale started.

18. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I cannot get pages on yourmusic.com to load. This is ridiculous. They've been having problems for days!

19. Manos

Yourmusic makes good

I just got this e-mail:

-------------------------------------
    Reminder - You Have 1 CD In Your Cart

We're re-sending this email to you because you may have experienced problems shopping with this special sale. We apologize for any inconvenience and have extended the sale through July 7th.

We noticed you still have a great CD in your cart. Take advantage of our special two-day sale: Buy 2 CD's from your cart and get 1 free! When you're checking out, use promo code YMB2G1. Sale applies only to single-disc items.
    -------------------------------------

20. merkinmuffley

merkinmuffley Forum Resident

Thanks for the code. It worked for me too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.