YouTube Comedy Week kicks off Sunday

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by guy incognito, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

2. MikeyH

MikeyH Stamper King

It doesn't seem possible for YouTube itself to curate it's channels in an effective way (like say the major TV channels do, promoting in both their medium and anywhere else it's effective like paper, online, billboards).

S0, basically no-one will notice.

I have maybe 2 channels out of 60 I subscribe to with some comedy content, so I might see an uptick in videos. Or not. It might even be labeled comedy week. But I've found those channels by other various means, not because YouTube wanted me to. It's almost as though the best stuff is secret, and they don't care as long as music and other videos continue to be watched.

3. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

It's just another stunt to hype the advent of paying for a site you're used to using for free. And if the stunting works, expect more stunting until the public's perception is changed and once again something
    we enjoyed will be something tens of thousands of "entrepreneurs" will exploit for the access to our credit cards.

Now playing on http://www.arielstream.com/]Ariel Stream[/URL]: Emmy Rossum - The Great Divide

4. MikeyH

MikeyH Stamper King

http://www.youtube.com/user/YouTube

A quick bit of YouTube search-fu gave me the above channel. No doubt this will be trailed on the main page. But no-one goes to the main page, no-one with any sense anyway. Surely they know that, the place has to be tracked out the wazoo...

The online article in post 1 contains no links, FFS. Don't they know there's an efficient way of bringing your viewers in these days, that works on all platforms? /rant

Other than Grace (apparently) and Epic Rap Battles, nothing much. Check out the comments on the announcement for the usual YouTube attitude.

Dillydipper, there's nothing changing in the current channel system for payment. There are brand new pay channels, no-one thinks they'll last more than a few months at the moment. There's nothing I want to watch on them, with only one (Digital Theatre) looking like it has any real interesting content. Even that one will be a hard sell (It's unique, good quality tapings of theatre shows and plays with audience - sort of the drama equivalent of music concert videos) for $5 a month. Not for me.

5. MikeyH

MikeyH Stamper King

The top left logo is now 'comedy week' enabled.

Still looks pretty boring, though it did lead me (yesterday) to the at least slightly entertaining 'DavesNotOnFire' channel. Which leads of course to his oxymoronic (accent on the moronic) Dave's On Fire video. Clearly video logs are big in the rest of the world, but these kids are no Hannah Hart or Lamarr Wilson or iJustine. However, virals are there to be made still.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.