YouTube: Johnny Carson and Doc Severinsen talk turkey

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by guy incognito, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

It's not the right time of the year for it, but this is so damn funny I have to share it. From The Tonight Show in 1979, here's Johnny and Doc discussing their Thanksgiving plans. Carson keeps cracking up uncontrollably.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbikKb_t0i0

:D

2. rmos

rmos Forum Resident

Great, Great, Great!:righton:

As a side note, does anyone recall the "Bloopers and Practical Jokes" episode when Johnny played a NBC security guard and stopped Ed McMahon's car coming out of the parking lot and proceeded to find contraband (IIRC, office supplies) in Ed's car? Ed didn't recognize Carson at first and Ed was blaming his driver ("You know anything about this, Patrick?). :laugh:

3. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I remember when it originally aired. I thought Ed was gonna blow a gasket, but then...:D

4. Phlo

Phlo Formerly dave-o

Around that time Doc was cutting a disco album in Dallas called "Night Journey" for Epic records, utilizing old friends and local talent including the PAMS jingle singers, which included my Dad (the bass vocalist Jim Clancy). Dad took me to these sessions so I could meet Doc, who was just coking himself half to death. I was stunned. His pupils were the size of dinner plates. And I'll never forget this: when Dad introduced me to Doc, he said, "Hey Dave! How do you define the word fart?" I said I didn't know. He said, "it's a traffic signal telling you that the ***** has the right of way". True story.

5. Johnny & Doc's Thanksgiving Week conversation...laugh out loud hysterical!

I remember seeing it the night that it aired! Johnny was rolling on the floor by the time it was over, and so was everyone else! Just downloaded it on my RealPlayer Media engine to watch over and over again...LOL!:laugh:

6. -Alan

-Alan Senior Member

I love to watch these Johnny Carson Tonight Show clips. He can always make me laugh!

7. louisville

louisville Peel Slowly and See

Great clip, I had never seen that one before!

8. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

Since it's now Thanksgiving Eve, I thought it might be appropriate to bump this up.

:D

9. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

CLASSIC! Johnny was the master. I miss him, Ed, and Doc. Those were the days!

10. TOCJ-4091

TOCJ-4091 Senior Member

Among the comments :

BlaireReinhardBand (3 weeks ago)
    Haha... Doc is my grandfather and I just remembered a Thanksgiving when we had lasagna instead of turkey...haha. I guess I never knew there was a backstory to that. Great posting!

11. Great, thks for bumping this up.

12. JMT

JMT Senior Member

I probably have seen this ten times or more, and each time I am in tears.

Classic!! :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.