YouTube Purges 30,000 Copyright Files

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by EditDave, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claude

Claude Senior Member

Well, as these videos are mostly low quality and in no way a replacement for a product (DVD or high quality streams), they should be happy for any money they receive from Youtube or similar sites.

Given that the clips were uploaded illegally, the labels can now ask for sums they would not have gotten through regular contracts. They can set the conditions, because they could always sue Youtube for the copyrighted material that was available in the past. So these are not normal deals that would exist if Youtube has asked the rightholders for permission before using the material. It's more like an out of court settlement.

2. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Well, i've been having a blast watching all the videos concerning forum member Zen Archer's commentary on YouTube's terms of agreement.

3. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Shiny Dog

There goes the neighborhood. Another great website bites the dust so that some lawyers can make some money.

4. bundee1

bundee1 Forum Resident

I bought Tears For Fears greatest hits because of YouTube and Im going to pick up OhMyGod ITs the 80's box for my nostalgic girlfriend because of the video for John Parr's Man in Motion/St. Elmos Fire.

5. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

What can I say?

Except for that was HILARIOUS!! HAHA :righton:

6. GabeG

GabeG New Member

You sure it's the same Zenarcher?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.