Yule Log

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by YCMFord, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

There's a 15-Part version (From 1983) of the WPIX Yule Log on You Tube..am watching it inbetween going here! I'm on Part 7 now...it runs 8 Minutes Apiece!:righton:

2. buckeye1010

buckeye1010 Zephead Buckeye

Actually it's a pay per view now on DirecTV! $3.99! :(

3. Hawkman

Hawkman Supercar Gort Staff

The Gospel Music Channel is doing a Yule Log with Christmas music TONIGHT, Christmas Eve....the way WPIX in New York used to do it! NOT Christmas morning.

4. mr_mjb1960

WPIX's Former Prez Fred Thrower's dream of "Putting a Hearth with a burning Christmas Log" is finally a reality..unfortunatly,it's also becoming a clone,too..I've counted over 500 Videos of Yule Logs available right now! Poor Fred must be spinning right now in his grave!:shh::laugh:

5. mr_mjb1960

Bright House Networks here are doing "A Bay News 9 Yule Log" for the Tampa Bay area tonight,sponsored by Law Firm Italiano Insurance..it's the 10th year it's aired! I've got it programmed on my DVD Recorder to record!:righton: 4 Hours of Great Xmas Music,with Crackling Fire Sounds in the background (Something WPIX Never had!):righton:

6. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

The yule log is on KCPQ 13 in Seattle right now. :)

Attached Files:

7. billdcat

billdcat Well-Known Member

A lump of coal to WGN for not airing this fine tradition !

8. Raylinds

Raylinds Resident Lake Surfer

9. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

In Seattle, the Yule Log will be on KZJO's "Antenna TV" sub-channel (116 on Comcast) starting at 2AM Pacific.

10. matthew5

matthew5 Forum Resident

Do they run these yule log broadcasts on loops, or does someone have to eventually throw in another log?

IronWaffle likes this.
  11. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Forum Resident

Flipping channels last night, I noticed that QVC was running their own Yule Log for several hours last night.

I noticed the 3D Yule Log option in out Time-Warner Cable On-Demand menu. Can't imagine how much of a depth effect you'd get from that, and why you'd want to sit there watching it for very long. To me, the Yule Log on WPIX was always about adding a bit of atmosphere to the room around Christmas time, not necessarily something you stared at for hours on end. For those of us without a fireplace, it was a nice addition of holiday vibe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.