Zodiac (David Fincher)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by BeatleJay, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

ssmith3046 and Solaris like this.
  2. I just watched it again. Still love it but agree it could be cut at least half an hour.

3. Johnny66

Johnny66 Laird of Boleskine

I have to completely disagree. If anything, another 30 minutes would slow the pace and allow us (and the characters) greater time to deliberate upon the masses of information (names, dates, victims) that the film provides. After reading the Graysmith book(s), you realise that Zodiac has brutally trimmed down all fat to the sheer bones of the story - even though it is routinely criticised as being too long and convoluted. It's remarkable how much ground it covers as it is, to say nothing of the emotional journey it charts for its principal characters.

4. Khaki F

Khaki F Forum Resident

I read Graysmith's first book when it came out, and was riveted. I also anticipated the release of the film for months. When I finally saw it, my first impression was that it was nowhere near as hauntingly creepy as the book. But I kept coming back to it (I bought the DVD instead of seeing it in the theater). It's a handsome film, really substantial, and I've grown so used to the pace and tone of it that it's like a comfort movie for me now. Always enjoy giving it another play and contemplating the mystery. Guess you could say it's held up well. Really well.

5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Agree. Ending was a bit of a anti climax.

6. Just like in real life. And hell, for all we know the story might not be over.

7. a customer

a customer Forum Resident

If That is the movie version with hurdy gurdy man in the beginning that is an awesome film.

8. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I had a sort of ambivalent reaction to The Zodiac. It didn’t blow me away And basically the only scene I can remember is the killer stabbing those two kids out at the park. Otherwise I can’t remember much about the movie. And having worked for newspapers for many years when I see people working in the newsroom I don’t think “oh how exciting” I think “boy I really hate those crappy jobs.”

9. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

I feel like it's not long enough. Everytime I watch it, I see several areas I wish would have more material.

10. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

It is.

11. DHamilton

DHamilton Forum Resident

why did they close down the above thread I wonder??

12. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

It appears it wasn't a happy thread.

13. DHamilton

DHamilton Forum Resident

I found it very informative and then bam...shut down. I didn't know the Hoff was all about Happy Threads, LOL.

14. Dang sissies and their frail constitutions! :rant:

DHamilton likes this.
  15. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

Dudley Morris likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.