DCC Archive Zombies - for Steve

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by David R. Modny, Nov 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David R. Modny

David R. Modny Гордий українець-американець Thread Starter

Steve - Here's one that I was curious about, as I don't believe it's been addressed before. The mix of "I Love You", on the 1990 DCC disc (to the best of my knowledge), is unique in its appearance here. It has the long mono version guitar intro tagged onto the beginning of the standard, "truncated" stereo version. That is, this combined DCC version has the intro in mono and the body in stereo. Combing through my mountains of Zombies vinyl and CD's, I don't believe this has ever appeared in this form anywhere else. It's either simply just the long mono version or the short stereo version. Did you slap this one together or did a tape already exist, with this unique edit, somewhere in the London/Decca/Parrot library?

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

David,

I made it. ;)

3. David R. Modny

David R. Modny Гордий українець-американець Thread Starter

Naughty, naughty...lol! Just puhleez don't tell me that you "took the blade" to the actual masters! :)

4. BeatleFred

BeatleFred Senior Member

The Zombies- Yes!!! OK- I'd like to know: what is the best sounding version of the masterpiece, 'Odessey & Oracle', out there???

5. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member

Get the one on Big Beat...

-D

6. BeatleFred

BeatleFred Senior Member

Have it already, just wanted to know if there was anything better than that.

7. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member

Just the way the album sounds sans remixing, unfortunately.

-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.