Zombies Redbook vs. SACD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tim, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

Picked it up today for $10.99, along with Stan Getz' Pure Getz hybrid , for $12.99. A brand new Best Buy opened in my vicinity today (it's on my way home from work, much too convenient :D) Can't wait to throw on the Zombies disc this evening...it appears from the above threads (and the mastering guy who's name appears on the back cover) that I'm in for quite a sonic treat. :cool:

2. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I don't have the SACD yet, but I'm sure it's great......but what the hell is this guy talking about? Surely he must be mistaken.....at a yard sale?

From amazon.com
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Zombie need better releases, June 27, 2003
    Reviewer: Paul Buckener
    I picked this up at a yard sale and it was not bad for [$$$] but I'm glad I didn't pay full retail. The music sounds very bad compared to other Zombie CD's I have. I own another CD from this generics label and it sounded like ... to. I hope one of the major labels re-haul the Zombies and come out with an acceptable CD or 2. I'm going to give this to my mother and father. Maybe they will like it.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He must be reviewing another cd! That's why I never trust any review on amazon!:confused:

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Here is a review of Steve's DCC Zombies CD from allmusicguide.com. Note the part in bold.

O.K., so these other compilations offer more songs, but do they really sound better than the DCC CD?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.