Zoöey Deschanel about to be on Conan

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Driver 8, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

That shot certainly does. Wow.

2. mark f.

mark f. Senior Member

3. DaveVak

DaveVak Member

There are some more in the Yes Man OST
    I personally think she's mediocre at best as both an actor and a musician. She is very beautiful though and seems to be choosing a certain path in her career where she'll be more identified with the indie scene. Does it for me as much as it does it for everyone here.

4. Thank you!

Best Wishes
    David

5. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member Thread Starter

That a total dork/wuss like Gibbard could get with a girl like Zooey makes me wish I had stuck with music. :D

6. John Egan

John Egan Active Member

Hmm, that's insightful. I'm going to have to think about...

Oops, another picture of Zooey. Brain no work good.

7. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I love when Zooey plays "Sentimental Heart" alone on the electric piano. Great stuff.

8. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member Thread Starter

You might also dig Jenny Lewis's Acid Tongue, on which Zooey guest stars.

9. ShawnMcCann

ShawnMcCann A Still Tongue Makes A Happy Life

+1

She was great in Elf.

I didn't like the Tin Man thing...seems most of what she did was react to things that went on around her, but maybe that's just how the role was written.

I bought the She & Him LP and barely made it once through. 6 months have passed since, so maybe I should give it another spin.

10. The fact tht a schlub like that can get that kind of girlie action just shows that looks don't necessarily matter if you've got impressive skills on other areas. Should give some folks hope.

11. tcj

tcj Senior Member

"Another bad DCfC album"? Are you expecting another Plans or something? Narrow Stairs is fantastic and I would expect more like that from them.

12. DaveVak

DaveVak Member

I actually think "Plans" was terrible, and same goes for "Narrow Stairs"...their best imo is "Something about Airplanes" and it's still not even close to Postal Service's "Give Up"...it's all a matter of taste though. I was only expressing my opinion.

13. Greatest Hits

Greatest Hits Just Another Compilation

They're both two of the best songwriters of the new era. I hope they collaborate on a project in the future.

Really, the only new music I find worth listening to is the music made by this circle of friends. i.e. Zoey, Ben, Feist, Jenny Lewis, Matt Ward among others. Maybe it's because I have listened to all the same stuff they dig, but none of the recent cats comes close to topping them these days, IMO.

14. DaveVak

DaveVak Member

Feist doesn't seem right there, she's at their circle ? Quite sure she's part of the Toronto scene involving Broken Social Scene, Stars, Metric etc. A scene which I personally like more.

I'm quite sure you'll find better music if you dig a little deeper. I just find it hard to believe that is all you like.
    I can't say that without an attempt at a recommendation can't I ?! You seem to like folk/pop, I recommend Sufjan Stevens' Illinoise which is imo one of the best 3 albums of this decade.

15. Greatest Hits

Feist has collaborated with Ben and Jenny at different times. I think when she's in the states for a prolonged period of time, that's probably who she hangs with (it would make perfect sense to me for them to be friends).

I never said that's all I like. I own all Sufjan's albums (some are better than others). But I would rather listen to She & Him than Illinoise. Illinoise just has too much music, IMO. True, there are catchy melodies, whimsical lyrics and a great variety of musical styles and instrumentation, but it's a bit overwhelming to take all at once whereas Jenny Lewis, She & Him, and Ben Gibbard are a bit more direct.

16. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

You should really check out Ben Kweller's self-titled cd in case you haven't. Also Annie Stela's "Fool" album, both from 2007 I think.

17. Greatest Hits

Got 'em both already. Thanks, though.

18. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

19. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I heard she got married over the weekend...

I'll have to cross another one of my list....

Ben Gibbard of Death Cab for Cutie is the lucky man...

20. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

You can say that again.

:(

21. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Three words:

1)She
    2)Is
    3)Hot!

22. ridernyc

ridernyc Forum Resident

Search isn't working how did you even find this thread to bump it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.