Zu Audio Mission phono cable?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Wasabi, Oct 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wasabi

Wasabi Forum Resident Thread Starter

Is this a good cable? I'm looking at it or a BJ LC-1 to connect my turntable and phono preamp.

Thanks for any input.

2. octaneTom

octaneTom Man of Leisure

Blue Jeans LC-1 works great for me. Super low capacitance, well-shielded, great price point.

3. Subagent

Subagent down the rabbit hole, they argue over esoterica

I used one for several years with my previous turntable (the current one has captive RCAs). It's a nicely crafted cable, with ground running as appropriate for the terminations used. Certainly a good match for the deck that I had at the time, an MMF 5.1 se. But it was a good buy on sale at the time. I'm thrifty and that drives my selections to a certain degree.

4. rhing

rhing Forum Resident

I replaced the cheap stock RCA cables with a pair of 1.5m Mission Phono cables and haven’t looked back. The level of detail, separation and rich tone make playing vinyl a real treat. Give these cables about 10 hours of play time to really settle in and reward you with big sound. As with the Mission Phono cable, I also bought a Mission power cable via Zu Audio’s eBay auctions for substantial savings, and replaced the cheap stock cable with the Mission. I did have to modify it with a Schurter right-angle IEC plug to make it work with my Denon direct drive turntable. I have no ground hum or any other noise with vinyl playback. Both cables are well shielded. Both cables are flexible which makes working with both of them a breeze.

bajaed likes this.
  5. Wasabi

Anyone else? Specifically those who have had the Mission and LC-1? Any others to consider in the same price range +$75ish?

6. Wasabi

Anyone use the Audio Sensibility Impact SE cable?

7. slovell

slovell Retired Mudshark

I use a BJC LC-1 with my Scout and Jolida JD9. I use BJC with all my gear.

8. Pythonman

Pythonman Forum Resident

I’m using the Zu mission phono cables from my VPI Prime to my Halo JC3+. Got it for peanuts on eBay from Zu and it’s very very detailed and layered.

9. Slippers-on

Slippers-on Forum Resident

I've not heard the Mission, but have heard the BJC. A buddy of mine who knows cable and tubes very well has heard the Mission as well as the BJ, his opinion.....the Mission is way ahead of the BJ in high fidelity. I can also say BJ has never appealed to me in any way.

10. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

I have a Mission phono on the way to replace my stock Music Hall cable. Excited to try it out.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  11. Oliver Meyer

Oliver Meyer In Audio Heaven Up Here

Just got my Zu Audio phono cable and it's instantly made an improvement.
    I had cheap cables on my table. Going to get another pair to do from phono to pre amp.
    Also very tempted to get the power cords

Wasabi likes this.
  12. Wasabi

I picked up two of the 5ft Mission PCs for my KEF LS50 Wireless speakers for under $90 shipped. I haven't tried them yet but they look very well made.

Oliver Meyer likes this.
  13. Oliver Meyer

I'm bidding on eBay. They are the event PC. not sure if they are better or worse than the mission. Either way I'm sure they will be an improvement on the stock cables

Wasabi likes this.
  14. Oliver Meyer

I ended up ordering silnote GL power cords. At $99 a piece is great deal. Got 3.
    The Zu events are going for more than that.

15. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

It's good but see if you can get a deal on the entry Furutech.

16. Oliver Meyer

I already ordered the silnote cables. The company happens to be local to me too.
    If I'm not happy with them I can return them no questions.
    They sound like the real deal and if I like them in going to try the speaker cables

LeeS likes this.
  17. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Let us know how they work for you and sorry for not chiming in sooner.

18. Oliver Meyer

Will do. I'm going from stock cables so I'm sure there'll be an improvement.
    The guy from Silnote was very helpful. He could easily have pushed me into buying something far more expensive.
    He said these GL cables should be more than good enough for my equipment.

19. Oliver Meyer

Got my Silnote power cables today.
    These are beautifully made and packaged. I ordered 3 and have them in my pre, power amps and OPPO.
    The first thing I noticed was bass. At lower volume it was more apparent and the louder I went the better it got.
    The whole system seems quieter.
    I'm not sure if there's a break in prod but first impressions are great. At $99 each these are far superior to my stock cables and they look the part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.