ZVOX TV Speakers

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Done A Ton, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain Thread Starter

2. Taurus

Taurus Senior Member

About three years ago I auditioned one at Best Buy, using my own CD. I am 99% sure it was the "315" model.

I checked it out mostly because I was curious about what this plain (but not unattractive) speaker system sounded like. I thought it sounded very good for such a small device, with an overall warm sound along with surprisingly deep and clean bass. I would have no problems listening to one if I didn't have the space for a conventional 2.0 system. And its virtual surround system worked as advertised. Build quality was good too, and controls had a smooth solid action.

3. I used to own the 315. It is definitely a step-up from built-in TV speakers. I had it connected to my bedroom TV, and although the sound quality was good, I was not impressed with the with the stereo separation. I sold it.

4. Bill

Bill Senior Member

I got a 315 on 30-day approval when it first came out. It was OK, but no miracle-worker. Sent it back. Unless the speakers in your set are horrible, I think you're better off with a $200 powered sub. That's what I did with my Pioneer plasma and am very happy with the arrangement.

5. MacGyver

MacGyver Forum Resident

you would not believe how good your video sources could sound through a stereo receiver and a pair of full-range floorstanders. there are several terrific late eighties/early ninties A/V stereo/surround receivers out there that are as competent as many stereo receivers/integrated amps, plus they allow full remote control. among them, the 1990 PIONEER VSX-D1S is one of the very best...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.