ZZ Top: 'Double Down Live' DVD (19/10/2009)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Grim177, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Nah, you just hate yourslef :D

Esther was not played live...certainly not at the 1980 Rickpalast gig.

2. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

:righton: For the era, my "copy" wasn't great, but.....not bad either(digital has spoiled us!). I'm curious....really curious to see how they'll clean up the first disc. Lets just hope its done right!

I'm another "pre-synth" fan of ZZ. Something went really wrong when they abandoned the "Lil 'Ol Band From Texas" sound for *this*. I recall reading somewhere that Rick Rubin is working on their next project with a return to the classic ZZ Top sound. That should be interesting.

3. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

I will get this for disc 1 for sure. Hopefully disc 2 will have more punch than the Live In Texas DVD.

4. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Well, DVD is 480 lines, so there could be a little improvement.

But the 2008 show that is disc 2 of this release could certainly be on Blu-Ray. It could be a one disc release on Blu-ray, with the 1980 show in standard definition.

5. TheOx

TheOx Forum Resident

6. street legal

street legal Senior Member

So how is Disc 2 of this set? I know I would enjoy the first DVD, but I'm not so sure about the 2008 DVD.

7. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

It's worth picking up...a definite improvement over all of the boots I've seen although there is still some waviness in a couple spots.

Disc 2 is a little heavy on the quick cuts for my tastes but still a pretty good watch...Billy's pretty much using the Billy Bo Penguin (white) and reverse Billy Bo through it, so it doesn't really have the Pearly heft.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.