ZZ Top's First Album on London LP

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LeeS, Jun 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haha, yeah. Being of the CD generation I've decided to hold on to most of my physical collection. You never know when the stuff may come back around. And it's interesting to hear older cd issues compared to newer issues of the same album.

Since I've started collecting LPs my CDs have been put aside, but they are still well taken care of and in good shape.

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Only format I've ever tossed was 8 track, and if I had had a working player, I know I wouldn't have done that.

It's a great feeling finding out almost DAILY here, that the sealed LP I bought in 197? is now a " Holy Grail."

Cost me all of what ? $3.99 ?

3. That would be an amazing feeling. I'm looking forward to the day when the CD comes back, haha!

4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

:agree: If only I could get across that I'm not being cocky, but rather Thankful.:angel: I feel Blessed I was given the foresight to not dump anything.

Now, since 2010, I've added rare treasures and gems from Superior sellers like Cassius there, and Klownschool...pretty sweet collection.

5. Nah, I don't think you are cocky at all! Like you said, blessed to have had the idea not to dump it.

6. BongRattlingBass

BongRattlingBass Forum Resident

In this day of homogenized rock, synthesized music, retakes, overdubbing, multi, mult-tracking, an honest recording by accomplished musicians is a rewarding pleasure.

ZZ Top's First Album is just such a recording. This is the way blues rock is meant to be played: openly, honestly, and spontaneously. It takes an experienced sensitive group such as ZZ Top to capture the abstract blues from within and combine it withy the ability to feel and play good hard rock without losing their communication.

Listening to the vinyl right now and sounds so pure, organic, and gritty, it's the best blues you're gonna get!

7. Dave Garrett

Dave Garrett Senior Member

8. PteroDon

PteroDon Forum Resident

I completely agree

9. A bit late posting this but it sounds way better, no noise and perfect dynamics. I have a fairly rare record club issue London blue label as well cut at Terra Haute (T-1) stamp and just wrote it off as a lesser sounding reissue. HOWEVER, now that I am going through and cataloging my collection w/Discogs, I found out it's worth way more than I thought and actually sounds pretty good, though nowhere near as good as my German. http://www.discogs.com/ZZ-Top-First-Album/release/4960214

I had a white label WB Rio Grande Mud and it was blown away by the "2-11-72" original London I have.

hi_watt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.